Issue with new install and migrator

siri...@gmail.com

May 21, 2021, 2:58:18 PM5/21/21
to CFWheels
I have CFwheels insalled on a CF2018 server. I have the site and datasource set up. I can hit the initial wheels welcome screen. I created some scaffolding and when I look at the migrator in the admin window it says:

Database Error
Error Executing Database Query.

 I've tried to check what I know and I can't figure out why it is saying that. What am I missing here?

Tom King

May 21, 2021, 3:02:59 PM5/21/21
to CFWheels
I'm afraid we'll need a lot more information than that. Try turning on the more verbose error handling in the CF admin?

Sebastien Fock-Chow-Tho

May 21, 2021, 3:05:03 PM5/21/21
to CFWheels
Never seen this before. I'd try a few things:
- I'd append ?reload=true within the migrator page
- I'd check the datasource settings in the Lucee administration panel, making sure that you have the bare minimum access for Lucee

Screen Shot 2021-05-21 at 2.03.25 PM.png

- I'd also check the database and make sure that it grants the proper access to your Lucee application

siri...@gmail.com

May 21, 2021, 3:15:42 PM5/21/21
to CFWheels
Sorry I am not seeing any errors at all in the CF administrator for this application. This is all the page says. Does cfwheels write logs out anywhere different?

migrator.png

Tom King

May 21, 2021, 3:16:59 PM5/21/21
to CFWheels
That just means it can't connect to your database (it tries to do simple lookup to work out if you've got any database migrations already applied).
Check your database connectivity.

siri...@gmail.com

May 21, 2021, 3:20:17 PM5/21/21
to CFWheels
In the CF administrator I check the connection and returns OK in green. Is there anywhere in the cfwheels app where I need to tell it to use the CF server specifically? So far I have just put the datasource name in.

Tom King

May 21, 2021, 3:21:10 PM5/21/21
to CFWheels
Could possibly also mean it can't find a migrations table in your database.

siri...@gmail.com

May 21, 2021, 3:49:57 PM5/21/21
to CFWheels
Ahhh OK I got it. I checked the SQL server user permissions and it didn't have permissions to create the table. Once I tweaked that it connected. Thanks for your help.