Senior Application Developer UK - CFML / CFWheels

Adam Cameron

Jan 12, 2022, 3:55:05 AM1/12/22
to CFWheels
Hi sorry for one of my very few posts here being an ad (of sorts), but figured it's topic-relevant, and might help someone here as much as it'd help me.

I'm looking for a solid CFML dev to help maintain our CFWheels application, with an added opportunity that we will shortly be commencing porting it to Kotlin, so there's a good opportunity for someone to migrate themselves and their CFML skills off to another language / environment. This would be a great career progression for someone who has pushed CFML about as far as they can / feel like, and like the idea of moving on to something else so as to improve their future marketability.

Official details are here:

My personal notes on the situation here:

Summary of technical skills I'm looking for (lifted from the former doc):

The important bits are as follows:

  • Strong object-oriented CFML experience.
  • Strong experience with test automation (eg: unit testing).
  • Strong experience maintaining and building on existing legacy applications.
  • Strong experience designing and developing new web applications / web services.
  • Thorough knowledge of design principles such as MVC, SOLID and a good understanding of common design patterns.

Other stuff that is going to be important to us:

  • Experience with CFWheels.
  • Experience with TDD practices.
  • Familiarity with Dockerised development environments.
  • Experience with or exposure to Kotlin for server-side development.
  • Experience with another language over and above CFML for application development.
  • Preparedness to learn Kotlin on the job if no previous experience.
  • Familiarity with Agile principles, and experience delivering value in an Agile fashion.
If you want to have a chat on it, hit me up on the CFML Slack channel, or if you wanna just take the formal route from the outset: details on that first link above.

I'll stop spamming now.

Cheers.

--
Adam