Login

113,770 views
Skip to first unread message

Ennio

unread,
Aug 9, 2010, 7:44:32 AM8/9/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
What is the best way to do a login on Wheels?

Thanks...

raulriera

unread,
Aug 9, 2010, 7:57:55 AM8/9/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
Hi Ennie, I always do my login with a Sessions controller and of
course that against a User model, you can find a complete example of
this on github in the SplashCMS app, you can of course implement it in
other manners.

http://github.com/raulriera/SplashCMS/blob/master/controllers/Sessions.cfc
The following are into play here:

- controllers/Sessions.cfc
- controllers/Controller.cfc
- views/sessions
- model/User.cfc

There you will find all the info you need to get this up and running!

It is also a good read this article from John where he teaches how to
redirect the user back to the current action if he doesn;t have a
session

http://groups.google.com/group/cfwheels/browse_thread/thread/bf773b3e2cfa0246

raulriera

unread,
Aug 9, 2010, 7:59:19 AM8/9/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
oh also

- config/routes.cfm

On Aug 9, 1:57 pm, raulriera <rierar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ennie, I always do my login with a Sessions controller and of
> course that against a User model, you can find a complete example of
> this on github in the SplashCMS app, you can of course implement it in
> other manners.
>
> http://github.com/raulriera/SplashCMS/blob/master/controllers/Session...
> The following are into play here:
>
> - controllers/Sessions.cfc
> - controllers/Controller.cfc
> - views/sessions
> - model/User.cfc
>
> There you will find all the info you need to get this up and running!
>
> It is also a good read this article from John where he teaches how to
> redirect the user back to the current action if he doesn;t have a
> session
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/cfwheels/browse_thread/thread/bf773b3e...

Randy Johnson

unread,
Aug 9, 2010, 8:27:22 AM8/9/10
to cfwh...@googlegroups.com
I think the screencasts at http://cfwheels.org/docs  go over login / authentication.

Randy

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Ennio <enniob...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is the best way to do a login on Wheels?

Thanks...

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ColdFusion on Wheels" group.
To post to this group, send email to cfwh...@googlegroups.com.
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cfwheels+u...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/cfwheels?hl=en.


Ennio

unread,
Aug 12, 2010, 9:02:38 AM8/12/10
to ColdFusion on Wheels
Thanks for the tips... that helped me...

On Aug 9, 8:27 am, Randy Johnson <ra...@cfconcepts.com> wrote:
> I think the screencasts athttp://cfwheels.org/docs go over login /
> authentication.
>
> Randy
>
> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 7:44 AM, Ennio <enniobozze...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > What is the best way to do a login on Wheels?
>
> > Thanks...
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > "ColdFusion on Wheels" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to cfwh...@googlegroups.com.
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > cfwheels+u...@googlegroups.com<cfwheels%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > .
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages