Wheels CLI module for Commandbox

Peter Amiri

Jan 30, 2022, 3:39:00 PM1/30/22
to CFWheels
Hi everyone,

I'd like to contribute to the CFWheels CLI project to make getting into Wheels development easier for the absolute beginners and make building into videos easier. As such, some of the things I was thinking of was updating the NEW command to include Wheels 2.2 and also defaulting to Lucee 5.x.

Are there other things people would like to see in this tool? Tom do you have a laundry list of things you want to see added to this tool? I'm open for suggestions here...

-Peter

Tom King

Jan 30, 2022, 4:04:07 PM1/30/22
to CFWheels
There's a million things I'd want to improve on it, life just got in the way :)
One fairly easy change would be to make it look up latest wheels versions from forgebox, rather than them being hard coded etc...
https://github.com/neokoenig/cfwheels-cli <-- fill your boots (as they say in my neck of the woods).

Peter Amiri

Jan 30, 2022, 8:31:30 PM1/30/22
to CFWheels
Thanks Tom. At a high level do you think this should be modeled after the Rails CLI with changes for the CFML ecosystem where it makes sense or modeled after something link the ColdBox CLI? I'm wondering if the users would have familiarity with the Rails CLI or the ColdBox CLI. I can be persuaded either way but wondering if it makes more sense to model it after the ColdBox CLI so if someone whose familiar with that syntax could be functional with the Wheels CLI.

Tom King

Jan 31, 2022, 5:42:06 AM1/31/22
to CFWheels
I'm fairly easy; I've not used the ColdBox CLI, and it was modelled initially on the Rails CLI. We could always alias commands, so we could add the most common ColdBox variants and simply make them call the same code.