cfthread and cftrace

Marc Funaro

Dec 3, 2016, 10:09:50 AM12/3/16
to cfu...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

ColdFusion 10

Windows 2012 Server

I created a cfthread, and this thread is passed an object.   One of the methods in the object starts and ends with a cftrace.  When that method is called inside the cfthread, the method does not execute; instead, I managed to determine that it’s throwing an error:

Variable DEBUGGER is undefined

When the cftraces are removed from the method, the thread is able to execute just fine. I use the cftraces when the method is called outside any cfthreads as well, so I’d like to be able to keep them (the whole point of them is to be able to leave them in the code with no consequences in

production).

Is this a known bug, or is there something else I should be doing to ensure that this doesn’t happen, or am I stuck just removing the traces?  Can anyone else confirm this behavior on their CF installs anywhere, to make sure I’m not just losing my mind?  This stupid issue cost me a couple hours yesterday, so… yeah.  Grrr.  =)

Marc

charlie arehart

Dec 12, 2016, 4:10:42 PM12/12/16
to cfu...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Marc. I don’t see that anyone else ever replied. I’m just seeing it myself, sorry. Do did you learn anything new on this?

If not, I would wonder: were you using the inline attribute (set to a Boolean true), to have the trace info written to the page in the debugging output? I could imagine that being a problem, since cfthread threads have no output stream. If you had left that off or set it to no, then it would indeed seem odd that it would balk.

And to be clear, when you say it worked outside a cfthread, you do mean when running in a CF page on the same CF instance, right? And in that case, was it with the inline feature or not?

/charlie

Marc Funaro

Dec 13, 2016, 12:59:06 PM12/13/16
to cfu...@googlegroups.com

The traces were not set to be inline.  I ended up resolving it or working around it… can’t for the life of me think of what I did – I think I actuall commented out the cftrace lines for now so I could get back to work.  Threads Is Tricky Bidness.  =)