Feb 2018 CFUG Meeting: Docker

Pete Freitag

Jan 24, 2018, 4:09:04 PM1/24/18
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

After a bit of a hiatus, our next CFUG meeting has been scheduled for Thursday February 15th at noon.

Topic: Using Docker for Local Development
Speaker: Pete Freitag
Location: Syracuse Coworks (http://www.syracusecoworks.com/
201 E. Jefferson St. Syracuse NY
https://www.google.com/maps?q=201+E.+Jefferson+St.,Syracuse,NY

This presentation will cover the how's and the why's of using docker to aid in your development. Even if you have no plans to use docker in production, you can still reap some of its benefits in your day to day development. In this presentation you'll learn how to write a Dockerfile and how to use Docker Compose to create easy to duplicate environments consisting of multiple containers.

We hope you can join us!

--
Pete Freitag
https://foundeo.com/ - ColdFusion Consulting & Products

charlie arehart

Jan 24, 2018, 6:03:56 PM1/24/18
to cfu...@googlegroups.com

Hey everybody, they’re getting the band back together! :-) It’s been fun watching the flood of messages the past couple of days.

And Pete, this is a great topic. Care to offer it on the CFMeetup after this? I’d love to have you give it. And the invite goes to anyone who gives a talk, and may like to then give it to the online cf meetup audience (where it’s also recorded and posted on youtube). More at coldfusionmeetup.com.

/charlie

Pete Freitag

Jan 29, 2018, 11:05:45 AM1/29/18
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
Hey Charlie - sure, I'll send you a email off list.

--
Pete Freitag
foundeo.com - ColdFusion Consulting & Products

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 6:03 PM, charlie arehart <charli...@carehart.org> wrote:

Hey everybody, they’re getting the band back together! :-) It’s been fun watching the flood of messages the past couple of days.

And Pete, this is a great topic. Care to offer it on the CFMeetup after this? I’d love to have you give it. And the invite goes to anyone who gives a talk, and may like to then give it to the online cf meetup audience (where it’s also recorded and posted on youtube). More at coldfusionmeetup.com.

/charlie

Pete Freitag

Feb 14, 2018, 10:54:45 AM2/14/18
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks - reminder the CFUG meeting is tomorrow (Thursday Feb 15th) at noon at Syracuse Coworks. The topic is Using Docker for Local Development, see details below. Hope to see you there!

Jim Jurista

Feb 16, 2018, 12:09:20 PM2/16/18
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry that nobody from Metis could attend yesterday's session; we had a previously scheduled all-hands internal training happening. We're looking forward to the next CFUG meeting. Thanks for putting it together!

-
Jim Jurista
Chief Technology Officer
Metis Consulting Group
Office: +1 315 682 0378; ext 302
Email: jjur...@metiscg.com
Web: http://www.metisconsultinggroup.com/

Pete Freitag

Feb 16, 2018, 12:49:37 PM2/16/18
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
You're welcome Jim - we had a pretty good turnout yesterday.

Speaking of the next CFUG meeting - is anyone interested in presenting?

--
Pete Freitag