Maria DB connection issues

Ross Valenti

Aug 19, 2019, 4:37:21 PM8/19/19
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
Hello group,  I'm having a strange issue and thought I'd run it by you to see if anyone has any insight.

On my dev server, running CF 2018 fully updated. I am connecting to a remote database server running  MariaDB  v10.3.17.  JAR file is mariadb_java_client-2.4.2.jar

I can successfully connect to one database on the server.  When I try to connect to a second database on the same db server, I receive this message

Connection verification failed for data source: shoptracey_wp
java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for shoptracey_wp, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: org.maria.jdbc.driver
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver available for shoptracey_wp, please check the driver setting in resources file, error: org.maria.jdbc.driver

There are no differences in how the databases were created nor in any settings.

If anyone has any thoughts as to why I can connect to one database but not another I would be very appreciative - I've been banging my head against the wall over this issue for some time now

Thanks
Ross Valenti

Pete Freitag

Aug 19, 2019, 5:04:55 PM8/19/19
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ross,

Java class names are case sensitive, so I think you might need to uppercase the D in Driver and maria may need to be mariadb, eg try this: org.mariadb.jdbc.Driver

Pete Freitag
Foundeo Inc.
 ↳ Fixinator  - CFML Code Security Scanner
 ↳ HackMyCF   - CF Server Security Scanner
 ↳ FuseGuard  - App Firewall for your CFML
 Consulting - Code/Server Review & Development

charli...@carehart.org

Aug 19, 2019, 10:44:39 PM8/19/19
to cfu...@googlegroups.com

Great catch, Pete.

If that’s not it, Ross, do compare closely the two DSNs to see if there may be some other difference to explain things. (And if it remains a problem, tell us where you put the jar file. I realize it “worked” for the first one, but even it so, it could prove significant.)

/charlie

Ross Valenti

Aug 20, 2019, 8:32:35 AM8/20/19
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
Pete, thanks for the suggestion. I mistyped the driver in my email, as you can see below they are both identical.  The JAR file is placed in \ColdFusion2018\cfusion\lib

 This DSN  works:

image.png

This one does not:

image.png

The IPs which I blacked out are identical - same server instance.

Here is more info on the databases:
Working:
image.png

Not working:
image.png

Ross

Pete Freitag

Aug 20, 2019, 9:09:49 AM8/20/19
to cfu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ross

The one that is not working says org.maria
 In the driver class it should be org.mariadb missing the db