CF Meetup and ColdFusion News

Jim Thomson

Feb 16, 2016, 12:39:31 PM2/16/16
to Central New York ColdFusion Users Group
Hi Everyone,

I ran across an online Coldfusion Meetup scheduled for Thursday 2/18 at 12.

The Topic is NativeScript and one of the presenters is Dan Wilson. I've seen many presentations by Dan over the years and he's always a great presenter.

Here is the description of the content.

Would you like to use your existing skills to build truly native iOS and Android mobile applications? In this presentation, we'll look at NativeScript, an open source platform for doing just that. Not only do you get to use the skills you already have, but you can take advantage of millions of lines of code already written for you on NPM. NativeScript is free, open source and approachable for ColdFusion developers.

Coldfusion Meetup is Hosted and organized by the awesome Charlie Arehart. A big thank you to Charlie for arranging this session.

Finally, it appears that the latest version of ColdFusion has been released as well.

See this blog entry for more information.

I hope everyone is doing well.

Thank you,

Jim and Pete

Charlie Arehart

Feb 16, 2016, 1:31:44 PM2/16/16
to cfu...@googlegroups.com

Thanks, guys. But your kind regards should go especially to Dan and the other speaker for stepping up to present. As always, I will host on the online CF Meetup anyone who wants to give a talk on CF or related topics. :-) The challenge is finding presenters.

BTW, on the new CF 2016 release, FWIW I also have a blog post on that with some helpful additional info and resources:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2016/2/16/CF2016_announced_today_whats_new_and_more

/charlie

I ran across an online Coldfusion Meetup scheduled for Thursday 2/18 at 12.

<snip>

Jim Thomson

Feb 16, 2016, 2:45:52 PM2/16/16
to Central New York ColdFusion Users Group
I know I'm looking forward to Dan and TJ's presentation. Thanks in advance guys.

Charlie's blog post brings up some great points and clarifies the Adobe Blog Post. Read the Adobe post and then read Charlie's. That should answer most questions. I'm also not sure about the name change Adobe Coldfusion 2016 Release as opposed to Adobe Coldfusion 12, but it could just me being old :-).

Jim