ANN: Creative Camp NZ 2011 - 28/29 October 2011 - Wellington

1 view

Kai Koenig

May 9, 2011, 4:04:36 AM5/9/11
to nzf...@googlegroups.com, wc...@googlegroups.com, cfugau...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

this is just a heads up that there won't be a Flash Platform Camp in Wellington, New Zealand this year.

The awesome news is though that we're going to do something much better and more awesome. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome with me:

Adobe Creative Camp New Zealand 2011

Creative Camp NZ will be a 2-day and 3-track event in Wellington happening later this year. The venue is again going to be Natcoll Design & Technology in Wellington's CBD.

28 October 2011:

4-6 professional 1/2-day or full-day training workshops. Content, presenters and pricing for those will be announced in a few weeks

29 October 2011:

Creative Camp Day - a full day of goodness of the latest and greatest of web technologies for designers, developers, photographers, artists, techies, business people and all others.

The 3 tracks are:

* Designing without borders - Focussing on the creative and design process with sidesteps into team methodologies, typography and digital art

* Creating awesome experiences - The "RIA" track of Creative Camp NZ; see awesome stuff on how to build RIAs with Flash, Flex, AIR, JavaScript, HTML5 and Video

* RIA for the Enterprise and Cloud - Go here if you like Adobe backends like CF, LiveCycle, Connect or any other relevant server platform, integration with enterprise technologies and hosted services of all kind.

Sessions at Creative Camp NZ will be around 45-60 minutes long - expect a lot of really, really cool and exciting presenters. Pricing for Creative Camp NZ 2011 will be very affordable thanks to our great sponsors and supporters.

It's worth noting that Adobe Creative Camp 2011 is the first post-Adobe MAX 2011 event in our region that's related to Adobe technologies. Attend to see a lot of the new, upcoming cool things that Adobe might (or might not :-) reveal at their annual main conference in Los Angeles three weeks before Adobe Creative Camp NZ.

A public call for speakers/papers will be available in about 2 weeks. I'd like to encourage everyone to submit a proposal for a workshop or talk. All of you are doing great stuff with a variety of technologies and you can be proud to show the results and your skills to others. If you'd like to get some practice presenting in front of a technical audience, I'd also like to remind everyone that we run monthly User Group meetings and you're very welcome to suggest a topic or a talk for one of those at any time as well.

Note to all interested folks out there who need to travel to get to Wellington in _some_ way: The dates of 28/29 October have been carefully selected to be outside of school holidays and after the Rugby World Cup 2011. There's no reason not to attend :-)

Cheers
Kai (and Diane & Ross)