cf.Objective(ANZ) 2012: call for speakers

Kai Koenig

Apr 27, 2012, 1:48:34 AM4/27/12
to cfugau...@googlegroups.com
cf.Objective(ANZ) will return to Melbourne, Australia in early November 2012 (Nov 1 and 2) for two days of conference goodness covering all about ColdFusion and CFML.

We're back to the roots and we'll be running two parallel tracks over the two days in 2012. At this stage we're looking for topic submissions for both conference sessions (60 minutes including Q&A) as well as pre-conference full- or half-day workshops (on Oct 31). For 2012 we've identified the five main topics below. Please treat the list of subtopics as a guideline only and feel free to suggest topics outside of the scope of the provided subtopics.

Architecture & Design:

OOP & Design Patterns, CFML Frameworks, Modeling and Business Analysis, Refactoring legacy code, Persistence, CFML language features

Makin' it pretty:

Using Javascript with CFML (jQuery, ExtJS etc), Building Mobile Applications, UI Testing

Process and Team:

Build and Deployment processes, Version control, Unit Testing, Agile and other PM approaches, Behaviour-Driven Development

Cross-Technology Integration and Tools:

CF and Java, CFBuilder, Writing CFBuilder extensions, Customising your IDE: IntelliJ IDEA, CFEclipse, CFBuilder, CFML and other languages: Clojure, Scala etc, Web Sockets

Under the hood:

Server tuning, JVM Tuning, CF10-Tomcat, Capacity planning, CFML in the cloud, Legacy migration

To submit a topic please get in touch with us at spea...@cfobjective.com.au and provide the following information:

- Your name
- A brief bio of yourself (1-2 paragraphs) or any other information that you'd think to be useful for us (Blog, Twitter handle etc)

- Title of your session
- Type (conference session or 1/2-day workshop or full-day workshop)
- Abstract of your session (1-2 paragraphs)
- Intended audience level (Beginners, Intermediate, Advanced)

Topic submissions are due by Friday July 20.

We aim to notify your of the outcome of your submission as soon as possible, but the latest by mid-August.

Thanks and we hope and look forward to hearing from you!
Kai