FW: "Le Grand Charivarir" . Craziness on the flipside of winter!''

Chung C.L. CFSGM Volunteer Dpt

Jul 9, 2008, 10:14:48 AM7/9/08
to cfsg...@yahoogroups.com, cfsgmvd-a googlegroups

Hello all,

Anyone interested in participate the Just For Laught Festival?? If many people are going, we can go as a group then.

See below for more detail.

Chia Ling, Chung æR¼ÑÁá
Coordinatrice des b¨¦n¨¦voles / Volunteer Coordinator  ?M³ÇÈAÈË·þ„ÕÖÐÐÄÁx¹¤²¿½y»I
Service ¨¤ la famille chinoise du Grand Montr¨¦al/ Chinese Family Service of Greater Montreal

(514) 861-5244 ext. 231
cfs...@yahoo.com
987 rue Cot¨¦, 4e ¨¦tage, Montr¨¦al, QC  H2L 1Z1

http://geocities.com/cfsgmvd /demande.html

Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 11:34:42 -0400
From: SGel...@hahaha.com
To: nom...@hotmail.com

Hello!

My name Serena Gelinas and I am helping to promote this year’s Just For Laughs Festival, taking place in Montreal from July 10 to 20, 2008.

We are trying to get word out about this year’s Carnival, which will wrap up the 10 day Festival. “Le Grand Charivarir” … Craziness on the flipside of winter!’’ will take place on Sunday evening, July 20 and is open to the Montreal public and their families. It is a parade which evokes the 4 seasons of Quebec: spring, summer, fall and winter. The general public will parade in the streets of the Quartier Latin dressed all in white with colourful lights and videos projected directly on them as they walk bearing lights and playing instruments lead by the Samajam percussionists.

This is where we need your help. We are looking for 800 people to participate in the Carnival. But in order to participate they need to take part in the Carnival workshops. These free workshops will be held each night from July 11 to the 18th. They are open to the general public; from adults to children, it’s a great family activity!

We would like your help to get in touch with the Asian community as we think these types of street celebrations are something they know well.

Please find attached information on the Carnival as well as the workshop inscription form. If there is any way you can help us to circulate word about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

If there is anything that you need please do let me know (we also have some nice photos).

Thanks!

Serena Gelinas

*

Serena Gélinas
Junior Publicist
Just For Laughs Festival

Tel.: (514) 845-4069 #6086
Fax: (514) 845-4140
2101, boul Saint-Laurent
Montreal H2X 2T5

image001.jpg
image001.jpg
Formulaire de préinscription_AN_26juin08.doc
Communiqué Charivarir 17 juin v finale_AN_18juin08.doc