Comparison of REST frameworks

Phil Cruz

Mar 29, 2012, 5:28:49 PM3/29/12
to cfr...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to expose a (simple) REST api in my (FW1) application. I'm looking for a good framework to use. From a quick search I see

which seem to be the most used? Other options?

Can anyone give some pros/cons to help decide which way to go?

Thanks,
Phil

Brian G

Mar 29, 2012, 6:53:08 PM3/29/12
to cfr...@googlegroups.com
I personally have been using PowerNap for a couple of years with good results.  There might be a couple of other options too, I think ColdBox now exposes itself as a REST API and ColdFusion 10 is going to make it super easy to have a REST api from your components.

I don't think (the other) Brian has updated PowerNap in quite some time while Taffy seems to have been updated in January.

You might consider about how much you want to do in house and how much you want to offload to a third party.  For example, I'd recommend using Apigee's free version as a front-end to your REST API which can handle authentication, rate-limiting, caching, etc.  I don't think any of that boilerplate is handled by any CF framework and is pretty low-value stuff to be reinventing.

Brian