PowerNap 0.9 Released

Brian G

Feb 12, 2009, 1:03:53 PM2/12/09
to cfrest
Brian Carr released the latest version of PowerNap, v0.9 -
http://powernap.riaforge.org. PowerNap is an engine for publishing
RESTful APIs with ColdFusion. This release has a lot of features he
and I have been working on over the past few months and I think it's
very solid. I'm using it in (limited) production with great success.

Feedback welcome... what I want to see next is proper caching support
and better debugging/logging.

Brian

Brian G

Mar 12, 2009, 8:38:52 PM3/12/09
to cfrest
I rolled out my production REST api Sunday night based on PowerNap 0.9
and everything is going great. It definitely needs more logging/
debugging to assist when things go wrong but it's working quite well.
We're primarily using it right now to log payment processing. We have
a payment "proxy" server managed by a third party hosting company in a
PCI DSS compliant environment. Our web app has a payment form that
sets the <form action=""> to point at the proxy server
(secure.foo.com) rather than our stack of servers (www.foo.com). On
the proxy is a REST client which first POSTs a new payment record with
a status of "pending" to my PowerNap-based API (api.foo.com), then
processes the payment with our merchant account against Braintree, and
finally updates the payment record with a PUT again to our API
(api.foo.com). It's a bucketload of work for what is essentially
logging but PCI DSS is nothing if not a set of hoops to jump through.

Thought folks might be interested to hear how I'm using it.

Brian