Possible Talk: Surviving as a Freelance Web Developer

Mike G.

May 10, 2007, 12:18:23 AM5/10/07
to Central Florida PHP
Greetings fellow PHPers,

I hope you all are going to make it out to this weekend's talk (http://
groups.google.com/group/cfphp-announce/t/e43872a92743fc73). It will
definitely be a good one.

I've been thinking about a few other talks I'd like to give and the
one that I think is most promising at this point would be "Surviving
as a Freelance Web Developer". The title pretty much sums it all up,
but here's a proposed outline. Who would be interested in seeing this
presented?

- Why Freelance?
- How to Land Clients
- How a Perfect Web Project Goes
- How all Other Web Projects Go
- Contracts and Other Legalities
- Managing Projects, Time, Teams, and Clients
- What to Do When Things Go Wrong

I'm not married to this outline so I encourage all suggestions.

Jason

May 19, 2007, 3:22:40 PM5/19/07
to Central Florida PHP
I would definitely be interested. Perhaps under Managing Projects we
could also discuss how to determine what you should quote a potential
client. I personally have had some trouble estimating time and how
much I should charge a client. There have been times I have way under-
bid or over-bid a project.