September 29 Meeting

Mike G.

Sep 8, 2007, 4:31:41 PM9/8/07
to Central Florida PHP
Greetings Developers,

Our next meeting is in two weeks on the September 29th. What are we
going to discuss? Who's going to present?

Also, I'm posting all the slides that have been missing.

Cheers,
Mike G.

Ryan Price

Sep 8, 2007, 4:44:43 PM9/8/07
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Drupal! I've been talking to you about this for a while now, and
September seems to be the month of presentations.

Honestly, I hope my schedule will permit my attendance. That's the
day after BlogOrlando and my biz partner will be in town visiting, so
I might be needing to drive him places, etc.

If I know I'm speaking, though, I will certainly be there.

I'd like to talk about Drupal at BarCamp, but I haven't been prepping
anything yet. I'm not sure where to start. I might look at the Table
of Contents for some books and see what order of topics they thought
was easy to understand.

Peace,
Ryan Price

Michael Girouard

Sep 8, 2007, 5:20:46 PM9/8/07
to cf...@googlegroups.com
I think that would make a great presentation. If you decide to present, I would find it interesting to see some of the more interesting aspects of the system (for example, it's ability to be more than just a CMS).

Things such as installation procedures and stuff that can be figured out by just poking around in the online demo isn't really very interesting. I would stray way from that kind of material.

Maybe there are other well-known projects that are using the Drupal core as their framework? It would be nice to spotlight them and discuss some of the ways Drupal helped the app bee a success.

Cheers,
Mike G.
--
Mike Geee!
Professional Superhero

Me: www.lovemikeg.com
Us: www.cfphp.org

clintonia

Sep 21, 2007, 11:45:42 AM9/21/07
to Central Florida PHP
Hi all!

At some point, I'd very much like to hear an in depth discussion about
freelancing. I would love nothing better than to quit my job within
the next year and work for myself, but don't really have the know-how
(or confidence to be honest) to do it.

I'm looking in to buying a SitePoint kit: http://www.sitepoint.com/kits/freelance2/

It looks pretty interesting and helpful. Anyone have any inside info
on this?

Regards,
Clint

Michael Girouard

Sep 21, 2007, 1:23:09 PM9/21/07
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Clint, that's a great idea.

I think it would be a fun discussion. Maybe Q & A style? Roundtable? I'm sure that a handful of people lurking these discussions have had at least one freelance client and likewise learned something about the process.

With the recent closure to one of the worst freelance experiences of my career, I know I have a lot to contribute with regards to the darker side of freelance.

Also, I own the SitePoint kit. It's pretty awesome and worth every dollar.

Is there anyone else who would like to hear about this?

Cheers,
Mike G.

Michael Girouard

Sep 25, 2007, 11:56:57 AM9/25/07