More talk ideas

Mike G.

Jun 11, 2007, 10:12:49 PM6/11/07
to Central Florida PHP
So it's about time for me to start planning on the next presentation
in four weeks. Here's a few ideas that I've been thinking about. Let
me know what you think... or if you have any ideas you'd like to
contribute, I'm all ears.

- Design Patterns
- UML
- Web Services
- Security
- Image Modification

Lets not forget that any web topic is valid here too. Someone had made
mention of a talk on ActionScript. Which could be nice to hear/
present. Some other topics that have come up are:

- Surviving as a Freelancer
- JavaScript
- Databases (MySQL and others...)

I'd also like to get some other people presenting. If you have
anything at all to share, I want it presented first thing next
meeting!

Mike G.

Jason

Jun 13, 2007, 10:35:14 PM6/13/07
to Central Florida PHP

I vote for web services although JavaScript would be nice too if we
could get into dom and JSON.

Mike G.

Jun 13, 2007, 10:39:02 PM6/13/07
to Central Florida PHP
If nobody objects, I don't mind putting together a web services talk.

Although, now that I think about it... you just wanted me to talk
about JSON because it is pronounced like ~your~ name... isn't that
right?

teegaw

Jun 13, 2007, 10:46:44 PM6/13/07
to Central Florida PHP
Web services sounds good, What is that, like taking in your web to get
the oil changed?, tires rotated? Sounds great :)

Michael Girouard

Jun 14, 2007, 9:31:38 AM6/14/07
to cf...@googlegroups.com
It's more like a complete overhaul of the engine that powers the web application. Instead of having the engine in the front of the car, where it weighs down everything, you move it to a remote location ... like the pit.
--
Mike Geee!
Professional Superhero

w: lovemikeg.com
e: mgir...@gmail.com
c: 386-503-3505

clintonia

Jun 26, 2007, 12:19:21 PM6/26/07
to Central Florida PHP
How about a talk/demonstration on SQL Injection attacks?

=)

Mike G.

Jun 26, 2007, 4:18:51 PM6/26/07
to Central Florida PHP
I've been working on a few security-related talks recently where I
touch on SQL injection amongst other things. Maybe that could be the
talk following the Web Services one.

Jason

Aug 22, 2007, 2:19:14 PM8/22/07
to Central Florida PHP
Just wanted to throw another idea out there. How about curl and XML
stream over SSL.

Michael Girouard

Aug 22, 2007, 2:22:48 PM8/22/07
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Not a bad idea. That could lead to a whole slew of other potential talk ideas (E Commerce, for example).

Would you be interested in giving a talk about that?

On 8/22/07, Jason <Jason...@gmail.com> wrote:

Just wanted to throw another idea out there. How about curl and XML
stream over SSL.

--
Mike Geee!
Professional Superhero
mgir...@gmail.com
386-503-3505

Me: www.lovemikeg.com
Us: www.cfphp.org

Jason

Aug 23, 2007, 9:27:52 AM8/23/07
to Central Florida PHP
Hmmm, possibly. You will have to give me a few weeks to figure out
what I am doing! I don't have much experience with curl, but I am kind
of being thrown into the fire. I will let you know.