Looking to develop a new Social Networking Site.... and need help!

J.J.

Sep 9, 2007, 2:41:21 AM9/9/07
to Central Florida PHP
Hi everyone,

I just joined this list and already I'm asking for help :) Just
recently, a friend and I decided to put together a new social
networking site, but didn't know where to start, so we did some
research and found scripts like PHPIzabi, Dolphin, Buddy Zone, etc....

After testing a bunch of these out, it seems that we've decided to go
with phpFox (http://www.phpfox.com)

Although changing labels here and there is within my scope, what we're
trying to do is customize the site to give it our own look and feel
and add some new database apps.

We've already created our visual site mockup as well as the design for
our mySQL database.

I've considered just posting up some "want ads" on rentacoder.com or
scriptlance.com, but we're really looking for someone local that we
can work with and have face to face meetings with.

Is anyone in this group available to work on this.... Of course, we're
willing to compensate you, but we're not rich either :)

I apologize if this isn't the forum for my inquiry, but I've always
found that people that are passionate about something deliver the best
results!

I look forward to learning more about PHP for my own enrichment as
well as working with some of you in the near future!

Thanks!
J.J.