Speed advantage CreateObject in applicationstart()

Risto

Nov 15, 2015, 5:08:37 AM11/15/15
to cfpayment
Is it faster to create the cfpayment.api.core object in onApplicationStart instead of in the method/function
that is being called on every charge? I assume so but just checking?

Thanks

Brian G

Nov 16, 2015, 4:30:19 PM11/16/15
to cfpayment
Creating it is very lightweight, but this is really a regular ColdFusion question. Yes, it's more performant to cache the instance in a persistent scope but it comes with the regular set of trade offs with putting anything else in the application scope.

Phillip Senn

Nov 16, 2015, 4:45:13 PM11/16/15
to cfpa...@googlegroups.com
It's not worth the hassle.
Once your application starts accepting many thousands of payments per second then you can put it into the Application scope.

Until then, the amount of time you've spent researching this vastly eclipses the amount of time saved by the users.

Premature Optimization.

Risto

Nov 17, 2015, 6:45:29 PM11/17/15
to cfpayment
Thanks guys, I know object creation is not much of an issue these days but I'm always interested in other opinions.