Code formatting

Andrea Campolonghi

Mar 1, 2013, 9:47:42 AM3/1/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

does exists a plan for fixing the code formatting.
Is very annoying do not be able to get code properly formatted .... for the rest the cfml support is fine.
Just code formatting is quite bad.

Andrea

kenton

Mar 1, 2013, 9:50:17 AM3/1/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com

I'm with you it is bad enough I wish it was disabled as typically our Devs leave the format code box checked on commit (since it works so well with all other file types). Then I have to go dig through diffs and try to undestroy it

Kirill Safonov

Mar 1, 2013, 10:01:00 AM3/1/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

As CFML files have complex internal structure (mix of CFML/HTML/SQL syntax trees) it appears quite complicated for the IDE to handle them properly. As we've said earlier, significant improvements require internal formatter engine rework. This task is almost complete and some other languages formatters (e.g. PHP) has already started using new engine. CFML changes is yet to be done at the moment, but we definitely plan to improve this part.

Again we're sorry for inconvenience.

Kirill
--
 kir

Andrea Campolonghi

Mar 1, 2013, 10:03:40 AM3/1/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Kiril.

Thanks for the answer.
Good to know that cfml will receive the update in the future.
I know this is hard to answer .... do you think will take a long time to have the new engine in cfml?

Thanks

Andrea

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "CFML plugin for IntelliJ IDEA" group.

Andrea Campolonghi

Kirill Safonov

Mar 1, 2013, 10:16:10 AM3/1/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
To be honest, CFML support is not our priority at the moment. I think realistic estimate is IDEA 13 release cycle (Q3-Q4 2013).

kenton

Mar 1, 2013, 10:21:54 AM3/1/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com

What do you (and everyone else) think about disabling formatting in the interim? Since it gets tripped up on even the simplest cfelse i can't imagine it being widely used?