Some setup help

Maor Leger

Aug 14, 2013, 10:23:47 AM8/14/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

Been using IntelliJ for CFML development for quite some time... Now I want to actually set it up properly :)

Here is my project structure:
- website
- components
- com
- maorleger
- bunch of components and subfolders with more components
- modelglueapp
- config
- maorleger
- model-glue xml's
- controller
- maorleger
- cfcs here for model-glue controllers
- maorleger
- cfms here for model-glue views
- wwwroot
- maorleger - THIS IS MY DOCUMENT ROOT!
- css
- js
- some cfms (use m.cfm in examples below)

I was wondering if someone can help me set this project up in intellij. It is an existing project and I changed some names to keep things general.

Basically, I'd like to be able to get the most out of the CFML plugin. But for example in my m.cfm when I say something like:
<script src="/maorleger/js/jsfile.js" />
it does not recognize the file unless I prefix with:
<script src="/wwwroot/maorleger/js/jsfile.js" />
But then the application won't recognize the path.

Can anyone help me here? Sorry if it's a newbie question but alas I am a newbie :)

Another thing, is there anyway I can map beans to cfcs?
So I can do something like application.beanFactory.getBean('myBean').<autocompletion here for myBean component>

Thanks so much in advance! I'll be happy to supply more information and apologize if these have been asked before

Maor Leger

Aug 14, 2013, 10:45:26 AM8/14/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Looking at another post I did setup a web module underneath my "website" java module, this web module is in website/wwwroot/maorleger and now everything is recognized which is great. Other tips for setting up will be much appreciated! For example, getting CFML plugin to recognize and autocomplete components via both createObject AND my bean factory.

Thanks!

Dave Merrill

Aug 14, 2013, 2:00:51 PM8/14/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Glad you got that art working.

Completion for createObject should work if you have a server mapping set up in Settings > ColdFusion > Server Mappings. Works for components themselves, their methods, and gives argument hints, plus Quick Definition and other IDEA features.

Far as I know, there's no way to tell IDEA how to resolve components obtained from a bean factory, but of course I could be wrong.

Have fun!

Dave Merrill

Maor Leger

Aug 14, 2013, 3:39:03 PM8/14/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave!

Could you help me out a bit further? Suppose I want to set this up for all the cfcs in components.com.maorleger. What would the server mapping look like?

My createObject will look like this: createObject("component", "com.maorleger.aFolder.aComponent") for example

Any help will be appreciated!

Matt Quackenbush

Aug 14, 2013, 3:40:36 PM8/14/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
The server mapping is the logical path to the folder.

Jamie Krug

Aug 14, 2013, 5:32:46 PM8/14/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Yup, Ctrl+Shift+S to get to Settings; click ColdFusion under Project Settings; then add to Server Mappings, e.g., Directory path=/path/to/website/components/com and Logical path=/com

Maor Leger

Aug 15, 2013, 1:28:08 PM8/15/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com, ja...@thekrugs.com
Thanks so much! I am a dope and completely forgot about setting up my logical paths and this worked great.

Now I have all the autocomplete functionality goodness.
This is... very cool.

Dave Merrill

Aug 15, 2013, 2:01:14 PM8/15/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com, ja...@thekrugs.com
My turn to ask (:-)

Server Mappings don't seem to resolve cfmodule paths for me, though they do work for cfcs. Is that the state of the art, or am I missing some other basic config?

Dave Merrill

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 3:40 PM, Matt Quackenbush wrote:
The server mapping is the logical path to the folder.

Jamie Krug

Aug 15, 2013, 2:57:58 PM8/15/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like an IDEA CFML Support bug, as the CFML engine would use the same resolution process (i.e., Web root and mappings) for createObject(), new X(), cfinclude, cfmodule, cfobject, etc.

Dave Merrill

Aug 16, 2013, 7:01:45 AM8/16/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com, ja...@thekrugs.com
Just filed IDEA-112182 (and IDEA-112183, related but less important).

Dave Merrill