IntelliJ 13.0.1 MXUNIT Questions

Mitch McKenzie

Jan 6, 2014, 7:43:04 PM1/6/14
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
I was able to get the plugin working today without any issues really. I could successfully run a single unit test or a directory of unit tests.

Questions:

1. Is there a way to right click on a unit test cfc in the project tree and run that unit test without creating an mxunit run configuration for it?
2. When I run an entire directory of unit tests I do not see a way to rerun an individual unit test or individual test method. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Mitch McKenzie

Jan 8, 2014, 10:32:56 AM1/8/14
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Found a feature request here that relates to my questions below: http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-83118#tab=Comments

I see that they made the CFML plugin open source but this feature request is listed under System: "IntelliJ"  and Sub-System : "Coldfusion"

I wonder if the MXUNIT related feature requests should be moved under CFML.  I would really love to see this plugin get some traction.

Dave Merrill

Jan 9, 2014, 8:59:38 AM1/9/14
to CFML plugin for IntelliJ IDEA
Pretty much everyone on this list would love to see the plugin developed further, but there's not a lot of motion in that direction right now, unfortunately.

At minimum, CF10 has been out for a year and a half, and IDEA still doesn't support its new tags, functions, attributes, etc, not to mention similar stuff in Railo, or other new features and bugfixes people have on their minds. Really a shame.

The plugin was made open source again because JetBrains doesn't see the CFML market as very big, and they didn't want to work on it any more. (It used to be open source a long time ago, then they pulled it in-house and did a bunch of work on it, and just pushed it out again recently.) In theory that means we the community can rock it, but nobody I'm aware of has made a lot of progress. JetBrains pretty much just said "here you go", and that's it. They might help out if people had specific questions, but personally I'm not in a position to ask anything sensible at this point. I've never worked on an IDEA plugin, I'm not that strong in java, and like everyone of course I'm short on "free" time for such things, so I haven't even tried.

I'm very torn. I love the IDEA environment, dislike Eclipse, and IDEA works very well for javascript and other languages I do. However, if history is any guide, the CFML plugin is going to fall further and further behind over time. I've got no kick coming unless I get off my butt and pedal myself, but that's not super easy.

Please excuse if I seem a bit negative here. I'm a pretty positive-leaning guy, really, and I love IDEA, just sad about this, and somewhat unhappy with how JetBrains handled it. But they're a business, they have to do what they think they have to do.

sudhakar....@lovehoney.co.uk

Oct 10, 2014, 6:58:51 AM10/10/14
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mitch, I just started using the CFML and MXUnit and I tried all different settings from intellij documents to run the unit test cases but, no luck. Wondering if you could guide me step by step or point me in the right direction to get this configured. For now, I am running them from the browser. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Siddu

Doug Hughes

Oct 10, 2014, 7:31:05 AM10/10/14
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
I've put some time into getting setup to develop the plugin further, but frankly I just don't have the incentive to put more time or effort into it. I can do other paying work and what is in place for the CF plugin works just well enough for me to accept it.

Perhaps I should crowd fund some time to dedicate to it? (Seriously?)