Finally got the plugin to build

Doug Hughes

Sep 8, 2013, 10:57:50 AM9/8/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
FYI,

I finally managed to get the plugin to build!  I also ran the tests and only five tests failed.  So, yay!

I also tracked down the source of my biggest complaint: that comments always get left aligned when pasting them.  It turns out this is actually a setting that is defaulted to true.  You can change this under Preferences > Code Style > CFML > Wrapping and Braces tab.  Look for Keep when reformatting > Comment at first column. Uncheck this.

So, yay!

Dave Merrill

Sep 8, 2013, 9:48:14 PM9/8/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Great news Doug, thanks!

Are you building it against the Community edition, or Ultimate? I assume Community, since I don't know of any reason why ultimate wouldn't build like it always has, but I guess I'm just assuming there weren't failing tests before.

Re that reformatting pref, I've had it disabled for a long time, which I think has made me see fewer issues around this than some other folks. Things still don't get re-indented in some cases when I wish they would though.

Good stuff!

Dave Merrill

Doug Hughes

Doug Hughes

Sep 9, 2013, 7:53:07 AM9/9/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
No, I've tried three times (I think) to build the plugin against the Ultimate edition.  This has been a challenge due to the fact that it's a bit of a moving target, or it has been.  I'm not nearly as far into figuring out how this thing actually works as I'd need to be productive, but it's good to take baby steps.