Re: Have Credit Card - Want to upgrade IntelliJ Ultimate

edward.beckettx

Nov 7, 2014, 10:40:10 PM11/7/14
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
"Java can be so damned frustrating to interpret"..

Javas not going to be the Elephant in the room here... its making the plugin compatible between 9,10,11.. CF is always running behind the current Java API so you're essentially going to have to code against a legacy Java implementation at all times... CF "freezes" its Java version support until an official release... there aren't rolling releases to CF. In most open sourced Java projects there exists RELEASE, Snapshots... Therein lies the rub...

Coding an open source plugin for a closed source language...

Edward

Nov 8, 2014, 7:10:51 AM11/8/14
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Ed,

I'm not worried about the version of Java used by CF. We'd only really need to worry about the language syntax and related features, not the JRE it's running on.