@JetBrains: CFML and IDEA 12 EAP ("Leda")

Jamie Krug

Jun 29, 2012, 12:15:25 PM6/29/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Just noticed that IDEA 12 EAP ("Leda") was released a couple days ago. I tend to keep on trucking with any available EAP build, but I'm hoping for some CFML-related feedback from some JetBrains folks, since this is a major version jump. Namely...

Will CFML related bug fixes and/or improvements only occur in IDEA 12 moving forward, or both 11 (stable) and 12 (EAP)?

I've been using EAPs consistently enough for years now, that I'm comfortable with the general stability vs. bleeding-edge risk. However, if CFML support is going to be a mess early on in 12 EAP, I might still with 11 a bit longer. On the flip side, if new CFML stuff is only going to show up in 12 (as was the case between 10 and 11, IIRC), then EAP it is!

Thanks,
Jamie

Kirill Safonov

Jun 29, 2012, 12:19:58 PM6/29/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jamie,

All the fixes/improvements will be part of IDEA 12. The most critical ones will also be backported to IDEA 11.1 branch.

Kirill

Jamie Krug

Jun 29, 2012, 3:09:51 PM6/29/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Super, thanks for confirmation, Kirill.

Best,
Jamie

Dave Merrill

Jun 29, 2012, 3:40:49 PM6/29/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com

Also saw that this EAP says it's a 30 day trial, after which you have to buy a license. Are we really that close to release? Haven't seen that in an EAP before.

Kirill Safonov

Jun 29, 2012, 4:00:20 PM6/29/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
We will publish EAP builds every 1-2 weeks, so you can just keep downloading fresh builds until the release.
--
 kir

Dave Merrill

Jun 29, 2012, 4:13:00 PM6/29/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Cool. Glad to see some things getting fixed in CFML-land, good stuff! Not to sound like too much of a fan-boy, but I'm till loving IDEA!

Dave