Re: Testing out CFML Plugin

Kurt Wiersma

Nov 4, 2012, 10:17:52 AM11/4/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
If you use arguments.identifier. does that give you code completion?

--Kurt

On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Tim <tim.c...@gmail.com> wrote:
I work on a large Coldfusion project, and I've been looking for a good CF IDE for years now.  I've been using CFEclipse, but it's been lacking, particularly for code completion of functions from CF components.

I saw a reference to this IDE and plug-in yesterday, so I've played with the IDEA CFML plugin most of the day, and have gotten my project set up pretty well, but I think I may still be missing something.

I'm using the following code:

        <cffunction name="cleanup" access="public">
                <cfargument name="identifier" type="istart.core.Identifier" required="true">
                <cfargument name="action" type="istart.core.FormAction" required="true">
                <cfargument name="formObject" type="istart.core.FormObject" required="true">
                <cfargument name="serviceID" type="string" required="true">
                <cfargument name="eformTitle" type="string" required="true">
                <cfargument name="response" type="istart.core.ActionResponse" required="true">

                <cfscript>
                     var clientIdentifier = createObject("component", "istart.core.Identifier");
                     var idnumber = clientIdentifier.getIDNumber();

                     idnumber = identifier.getIDNumber();
                </cfscript>

        </cffunction>

Using this example, the path to the Identifier component auto-filled in the createObject line, and on the line below, the getIDNumber function auto-completed from that component for the clientIdentifier.

However, on the next line, the same did not happen for identifier.  The auto-completion options that showed up for identifier were the functions from the component the cleanup function was defined in.  This identifier was not recognized as the same type as clientIdentifier.

Is there a way to get the proper auto-completion for function arguments?

---Tim

Tim

Nov 4, 2012, 2:27:40 PM11/4/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Nope.  I get no change in behavior.

---Tim

Jamie Krug

Nov 4, 2012, 10:25:08 PM11/4/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
I can confirm this. I also noticed that I don't get the same completion for the CFC path in the cfargument's "type" attribute, like I do in other places (createObject, cfcomponent extends, etc.). It seems this should be a rather quick fix for the IDEA devs, so please do open an issue, and let us all know so we can vote :-)

Best,
Jamie

Tim Climis

Nov 4, 2012, 11:24:23 PM11/4/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com, Jamie Krug

Ask you shall receive. :)

http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-94195

---Tim

Mark Mandel

Nov 4, 2012, 11:47:05 PM11/4/12
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com, Jamie Krug
I swear I did this ticket a while back, but I can't find it now...