Many recent errors in CFML plugin

Dave Merrill

Aug 8, 2013, 6:51:13 AM8/8/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
I've been seeing a bunch of errors in IDEA lately, many referring to cfm files that are part of the project I'm working on, but a) haven't changed in a long time, and b) aren't open at the time, and in at least some case, I've never opened.

Some of the most common general types are:
- Expected only one value per-inputId
- IdeaLoggingEvent[message=PSI and index do not match: PSI CfmlFile:{some-specific-file-name}.cfm, first stub PsiFileStubImpl

May or may not be related, but sometimes certain keystroke combinations also stop working, most annoyingly ctrl-B Navigate To Declaration. I'm on 129.961.

Is anyone else seeing this? Pretty worrisome to me that stability has decreased lately, especially considering that the plugin is now open source, so it logically follows that it's up to us the community to fix problems like this, and I for one haven't the remotest notion of where to begin.

I've submitted a number of error reports from the internal reporter, and also filed an issue manually, http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/IDEA-111710, no response as of yet.

Thoughts are welcome.

Dave Merrill

Doug Hughes

Aug 8, 2013, 8:14:18 AM8/8/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Dave, when I can finally find the time I'll look into getting the plugin to build for me locally.  Last time I tried I ran into issues due to a recent refactor of some IntelliJ core code.  I suspect that this means that future versions of the plugin will only work with IntelliJ 13 (at least right away).

Anyhow, once I can get this thing to build I may be able to start tackling some of these bugs.  Most seem to be related to how CFML is parsed, if I'm reading them right.

Anyone else with Java experience out there willing to help if I can start digging into this stuff and making progress?

Dave Merrill

Dave Merrill

Aug 8, 2013, 8:33:17 AM8/8/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for responding, and for your willingness to tackle some of this. I have only a tiny bit of java experience, which probably makes me poorly suited to a deep project like this. In theory I'm willing to try, learning on the way, but I'm somewhat afraid I'd either be unproductive, or a drag on folks who lead me along.

I didn't try building it myself after seeing that you were blocked. Has there been an update to the plugin since then in the IDEA 13 EAP stream? I've stayed on 12 for now, given the apparent upheaval with CFML in 13, since I use it all day for work.

Are you seeing th same sorts of errors I am? Are you seeing an increase in them recently? Any idea why there might be more errors lately in IDEA 12?

Thanks again for chiming in,
Dave

On Thursday, August 8, 2013 8:14:18 AM UTC-4, Doug Hughes wrote:
Dave, when I can finally find the time I'll look into getting the plugin to build for me locally.  Last time I tried I ran into issues due to a recent refactor of some IntelliJ core code.  I suspect that this means that future versions of the plugin will only work with IntelliJ 13 (at least right away).

Anyhow, once I can get this thing to build I may be able to start tackling some of these bugs.  Most seem to be related to how CFML is parsed, if I'm reading them right.

Anyone else with Java experience out there willing to help if I can start digging into this stuff and making progress?

Doug Hughes

Dave Merrill

Aug 12, 2013, 9:04:14 AM8/12/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
This morning, in about 3 hours of work, I have 14 IDEA errors, just like I reported in IDEA-111710. All but 2 are "PSI and index do not match", others are "ContentElementType: CSS_FILE" (1 occurance), "Expected only one value per-inputId" (1 occurance). Initally I got "sending failed" errors trying to submit them, but trying again later it worked, so I submitted them all.

@JetBRains: I don't mean to be a pushy jerk, but is there any plan to work on this? Or now that the plugin is open source, is JetBrains no longer involved?

Does anyone know if this is a problem in IDEA 13, with the version of the plugin in that release? Is there a usable version of it there?

Thanks,
Dave Merrill

Fedor Korotkov

Aug 13, 2013, 4:30:47 AM8/13/13
to cfml-plugin-fo...@googlegroups.com
A link to an issue for further discussions.