Full time web developer (Regional NSW)

Mark Picker

Oct 6, 2015, 10:36:35 PM10/6/15
to cfjobs

Want a change of pace and a more relaxed lifestyle?

Want to live in a city where a really bad day in traffic means a 10 minute drive to work instead of 3?

A place where you can buy or build a new house for the cost of a tired unit in Sydney?

We are looking for a full time web developer to be based in Dubbo.

We are offering a salary of between $85,868 - $95,050pa with total package up to $105,353pa.

While we are predominately a CFML environment, this job listing isn’t targeting a specific language - experience with any modern language will be considered.

Dubbo is just past Penrith isn’t it?

You might be surprised at how often we get asked that and no, Dubbo isn’t “just” past Penrith. Dubbo is a regional city about 400km’s from Sydney CBD so you would be expected to move to Dubbo for this job.

When it comes time for holiday’s (and meetings) there are 158 flights per week direct to/from Dubbo with Qantas, REX and Jet Go between Sydney, Brisbane and Broken Hill. Melbourne flights are also about to start. All these locations are roughly a 1 hour flight away from Dubbo.

Dubbo is a part of the evocities campaign. This campaign will provide resources and assistance to anyone wanting to move to Dubbo. http://www.evocities.com.au/en/. For information on Dubbo visit http://www.dubbo.com.au/timetolive.html

How to apply

To apply for this position you need to use the jobs.nsw website: http://www.jobs.nsw.gov.au/job/coordinator-ict-application-development-web-developer-w-15-57-clerk-gr-7-8-8753 and take note of the link to the Selection Criteria. I’m happy to answer any technical questions about the position but I strongly encourage anyone interested in the position to speak to the listed enquiry contact (Bill Richardson).

Regards,
Mark Picker

Vijay K

Oct 6, 2015, 10:40:28 PM10/6/15
to cfjobs
Mark,

I am interested for this position but I live in India. I want to relocate to your place.
Am I eligible for that position?

Thanks,
Vijay

Mark Picker

Oct 6, 2015, 10:47:31 PM10/6/15
to cfjobs
Hi Vijay,

I think you would have an issue due to the current drivers licence requirement in the selection criteria. I would suggest still contacting Bill Richardson to discuss.

Regards
Mark

Nikita Tkachov

Oct 7, 2015, 12:54:01 AM10/7/15
to cfj...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mark,
Any chance for remote at some stage ?

Mark Picker

Oct 7, 2015, 1:50:36 AM10/7/15
to cfjobs
Hi Nikita,

I would never say never, but sorry not at this stage for this position.

Regards
Mark

Mark Picker

Oct 7, 2015, 2:34:05 AM10/7/15
to cfjobs
Hi Vijay,

I just checked on this and an international drivers licence is ok. However I've also been told that all permanent positions within the NSW Public Sector are only available to Australian citizens, or those with permanent residency.

Regards
Mark

Vijay K

Oct 7, 2015, 2:38:58 AM10/7/15
to cfjobs
Thanks Mark and I dont think that I will fit for this position as I am not an Australian citizen.

Let's see in the future :)

Regards,
Vijay

Mark Picker