CFEclipse 1.5.1 is out

denstar

May 22, 2016, 2:46:06 PM5/22/16
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Hi List!

This is an email to let folk know that 1.5.1 is out. (I should have
done something similar for 1.5.0, but spaced it.) I'll update the
website when I get a chance.

Beyond a bunch of parser fixes (thanks to everyone who created issues or
shared particularly hairy files), we've also got a new UI for
configuring the CFLint rules per project.

As I mentioned in the last paragraph, this is per project. It would be
handy to have a global setting under preferences, that would be the
default if the project specific preferences weren't set, but that'll
have to be in some future update.

You can choose to save the CFLint config in the project directory, which
will let you use it with external tools or share it as part of your
project. On the CFLint side we're working on having it pick up a
preference file automatically (.cflintrc is what we'll probably go with
as a name, but that's not working yet).
This is just a heads-up: expect the current config filename to change
(thus, unless you need to use it with an external tool ASAP, just leave
the "store config in project directory" option un-ticked). Mainly
CFLint+CFEclipse is just so darn handy, I wanted an easy way to let
folks configure it in the meantime.

We owe a lot of thanks to the CFParser/CFLint folks for these recent
CFEclipse updates-- their efforts towards those excellent CFML tools
were some of the main motivators in getting stuff I had locally (for a
few years in several cases) out the door.

MXUnit has also been updated, and is now being built by CI as well.
FWIW, I've got a pull request I need to touch up a bit out for TestBox,
which will let you use the MXUnit UI with TestBox as the testing
framework. It's over on the TestBox github site.

I think that's about it... for people who like to persist their
code-folding, the limit on file size has been removed, so it should
theoretically work even on large files.

If anybody runs into any new issues:
https://github.com/cfeclipse/cfeclipse/issues

Any "show stoppers" we'll try to get addressed fast. I'll be breaking
the cfml.parsing stuff and CFLint into their own plugins soon, which
will make updating easier, and help pave the way for CFE 2.0.

Okay, that's really all I got. Happy code'n! :]

cnelsen

Jun 22, 2016, 11:50:24 AM6/22/16
to CFEclipse Users
You guys Rock! It's great to see movement on this project again, I'm excited!