svnAnt

Andrew Scott

Jul 3, 2008, 11:40:54 PM7/3/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

Anyone here using it, and have it working?

I am getting the following error

[svn] <Info> started ...

[svn] svn: This client is too old to work with working copy 'xxxxx/xxxx/xxxxx'; please get a newer Subversion client

[svn] <Info> failed !

I have eclipse 3.3.2, cfeclipse (shouldn’t make a difference 1.3.2beta).

I have looked / googled and everything else, and I am at a loss to explain this. From what I cam tell, this plugin requires subversion to be installed on the machine (not going to happen) I have tortoise installed (1.5), and regardless if I use the javaHL (also v1.5) or not. Checkout works, import works just the new info seems to be broken.

Anyone, any ideas?

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.

Marc Esher

Jul 4, 2008, 12:06:21 AM7/4/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Funny! I just posted this same problem to the subclipse mailing list
about an hour ago. I spent hours trying to get svnant set up tonight
on my new computer.... eclipse 3.4, 64bit vista. I tried everything,
and nothing worked. when i used the latest subclipse plugin with the
1.0 svnant, I just kept getting "cannot create javahl or
commandline...." so i tried out the 1.1-rc2 svnant and that's when i
got the same error you got.

i wish there were a way to get some more diagnostic info out of the
svn task, because "cannot create javahl...." doesn't do me any good.

if I get any responses from that group, I'll post back here.

marc

Andrew Scott

Jul 4, 2008, 12:34:33 AM7/4/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Marc,

This may or may not help, still no answer as yet.

If I use svnAnt to checkout, svn info works a treat. However if it was
checked out with something other than itself it will not work.

This maybe a bug within the checking in some way.

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.
www.aegeon.com.au
Phone: +613 8676 4223
Mobile: 0404 998 273

Jim Priest

Jul 4, 2008, 10:02:35 AM7/4/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:40 PM, Andrew Scott
<andrew...@aegeon.com.au> wrote:
> Anyone here using it, and have it working?

I'm using it on 3.3 something with the last stable copy of CFE. I
found 3.4 and the beta version of CFE too unstable...

> this. From what I cam tell, this plugin requires subversion to be installed
> on the machine (not going to happen) I have tortoise installed (1.5), and

I do have SVN installed locally - why not install that?

This may help:
http://deadmanwalking.wordpress.com/2007/07/28/ant-svn-task-svnant-and-javahl/

Jim

Marc Esher

Jul 4, 2008, 11:13:27 AM7/4/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
my wife yanked me off the computer right as i was just about to get
this thing working (I think). Andrew, instead of using the 1.4
subclipse, i uninstalled it all and pointed to the 1.2.x update site.
added that javahl path to my system path variable, restarted, reran my
svnant task, and got a different error message becuase i had checked
out my project with the 1.4.x subclipse orginally. but i think that
when i go back, delete the project, check it out with 1.2.x, then
svnant will work.

so, can you try using the 1.2.x subclipse and see if that works?

marc

Tom Lenz

Jul 5, 2008, 1:24:43 AM7/5/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
You may not have this file:

workspace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime\.settings\org.cfeclipse.cfml.prefs

It needs to be there with this line in it:
lineNumberRuler=true

Please keep in mind I don't know much about these things, I just discovered this using a file search.

Charlie Griefer

Jul 5, 2008, 1:41:27 AM7/5/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Tom, you rock.

I had the file, but it didn't have the lineNumberRuler=true line in
it. added that line, restarted with -clean flag and line numbers now
show up.

Thanks!
Charlie

--
A byte walks into a bar and orders a pint. Bartender asks him "What's
wrong?" Byte says "Parity error." Bartender nods and says "Yeah, I

Marc Esher

Jul 5, 2008, 11:26:15 AM7/5/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Andy, I reverted to the 1.2.x version of subclipse and now
everything's working fine. I did have to delete my projects and
re-checkout with this older version; otherwise, everything went
smoothly.

marc

Andrew Scott

Jul 7, 2008, 12:11:40 AM7/7/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jim, but that was the first post I came across.

Yeah I ended up uninstalling the beta, too many bugs (Yeah I know) but I can
put up with most but the one I can't put up with. Was that the beta
CFEclipse V1.3.2 makes line breaking impossible as the menus are no longer
available.

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.
www.aegeon.com.au
Phone: +613 8676 4223
Mobile: 0404 998 273

Jul 7, 2008, 12:14:10 AM7/7/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
This is the problem....

I do not use Subclipse (I do not like it) and prefer to use Subversive as it
has better support and functions better.

I have no problems getting svnAnt to work..... The problem is the svn info
nested tag, it doesn't work if the project is NOT checked out with svnAnt.

I am sorry did I not post that back in here? Sorry if I didn't but that is
very important to know.

--
Senior Coldfusion Developer
Aegeon Pty. Ltd.
www.aegeon.com.au
Phone: +613 8676 4223
Mobile: 0404 998 273

My Documents\Aptana Studio\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime
\.settings

did the trick for me as well.

On Jul 5, 1:41 am, "Charlie Griefer" <charlie.grie...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Tom, you rock.
>
> I had the file, but it didn't have the lineNumberRuler=true line in
> it.  added that line, restarted with -clean flag and line numbers now
> show up.
>
> Thanks!
> Charlie

Jose Alfonso

Aug 7, 2008, 1:41:42 PM8/7/08
to CFEclipse Users
Hi
I ended up having to revert to 1.3.1.6 from the 1.3.2beta myself.
Are there any other major issues with CFEclipse? I see that the
diccionary view does not show the scroll bar so you have to search for
an item if it's not visible. Also, I seem to be able to get the color
coding on XML files in the beta version and I don't on 1.3.1.6

What is the most stable combination you guys have tried?

Anyway, I am new to Eclipse and CFE, (long time Homesite and
Dreamweaver user here) and I must say that I really like what I see,
it's awsome!

Jim Priest

Aug 7, 2008, 2:32:31 PM8/7/08
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Eclipse 3.3.2 (Europa) and the 1.3.2beta seem to be working OK for me.
I don't use the dictionary view so not sure about that. XML I edit
in Aptana or XML Buddy - both give me color coding...

Jim

Mike Henke

Aug 7, 2008, 3:46:40 PM8/7/08
to CFEclipse Users
On Jul 6, 11:14 pm, "Andrew Scott" <andrew.sc...@aegeon.com.au> wrote:
> This is the problem....
>
> I do not use Subclipse (I do not like it) and prefer to use Subversive as it
> has better support and functions better.
>
> I have no problems getting svnAnt to work..... The problem is the svn info
> nested tag, it doesn't work if the project is NOT checked out with svnAnt.

Interesting. I figured one of your svn clients (TortoiseSVN,
Subversive, command line, svnant) upgraded the working copy
structure. Seems TortoiseSVN is the culprit in most cases with the
newest 1.5.x release of Subversion.