Code Coloring in CFeclipse 1.53 and Oxygen.3a

Ira Pearson

Apr 13, 2018, 8:37:39 PM4/13/18
to CFEclipse Users
I recently switched from Neon to Oxygen, clean install but using the same workspace.
Eclipse: Oxygen.3a Release(4.7.3a), Build id: 20180405-1200.
CFEclipse: 1.53.20181060734

I know that CFEclipse code coloring was working correctly in Neon but it is not working in Oxygen. I haven't seen anyone else posting or asking about it so it must be a configuration issue on my end but I can't find anything obviously wrong. I've spent way too much time on this now so I'm turning to you guys.

So every single tag, whether it is CFML, HTML, etc., is the same brick red color. I know the CFEclipse Dictionary at "plugins\org.cfeclipse.cfml_1.5.3.201801060734\dictionary" is working okay because I see the correct tooltips when I hover over tags and the correct proposals pop up as I type tag attributes. In Preferences -> CFEclipse -> Editor -> CFML Colours, if I change the color for CFML Tag to something different like a bright pink or purple and click the Apply button, it has no effect at all, still the same brick red color. The colors in "Preferences -> CFEclipse -> Editor -> HTML Colours" aren't used at all, no orange forms or purple tables or blue divs, and they also have no effect when changed.

I did create a new clean workspace just for testing purposes but it also has the same problem.

Any idea what I've done wrong?

Andrew Myers

Apr 13, 2018, 9:53:11 PM4/13/18
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ira,

I believe there’s experimental support for TextMate grammars in the recent builds, and unfortunately it doesn’t respect the colour settings.

If the colouring is important to you I think your best option is to install one of the older builds, you can do this by unticking the “Show latest versions” checkbox on the plugin install wizard in eclipse.

Andrew

For more information on CFEclipse visit: cfeclipse.org
For support, FAQ and tips and tricks visit: https://github.com/cfeclipse/cfeclipse/wiki

You are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
To post send email to: cfeclip...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CFEclipse Users" group.
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Ira Pearson

Apr 16, 2018, 7:42:10 AM4/16/18
to CFEclipse Users
I appreciate your very helpful response, Andrew. Thank you. I would say that, yes, the colors are important to me, but not essential. I can certainly function without them if I have to.

I had noticed the new TextMate options, but I know nothing at all about TextMate so haven't messed with them. It looks like there is no TextMate grammar included by default. Is this experimental TextMate support functional now, meaning if I import or create a TextMate grammar, will it do syntax highlighting? And if so, is there an already built CFML TextMate grammar floating around this community that I can import or do I have to build my own?

Can you tell me how far back I'd have to go in the Eclipse builds to restore the old syntax highlighting functionality? All the way back to Neon?

I apologize for asking all of these questions. I'm just trying to decide on my best option, whether I want to roll backward or keep moving forward with the new stuff.

Ira

Andrew

Apr 24, 2018, 1:10:19 AM4/24/18
to CFEclipse Users
Hello Ira,

Sorry for the delayed reply.  It looks like the only option for rolling back might be the 1.5.0.201604220615 version from http://cfeclipse.org/update.  There are more recent ones but I think they suffer from the issue with the MXUnit domain being no longer available...

I was able to install this by the following steps.

  • Uninstall current cfeclipse:  Help -> Install New Software, click on "What is already installed"?  Find CFEclipse and install
  • Restart Eclipse
  • Help -> Install New Software, click the "Manage" button.  Filter by cfeclipse and delete any existing update sites
  • Help -> Install New Software, click the "Add" button.  Enter Name: CFEclipse, Location: http://cfeclipse.org/update
  • Select this site in the "Work with" dropdown
  • Make sure "Show only the latest versions of available software" is unchecked
  • CFEclipse (including MXUnit and Frameworks) 1.5.0.201604220615
  • Install
Personally I think the latest version has a few too many issues to be ready for me to use on a daily basis (mainly around indenting, I can manage with the colours also).

It'd be great to get the new version stabilised but short of crowd funding to be able to pay Denny or someone to do it, I'm not sure how we'd ever get there?

Andrew.