Big problem...

Sladjan Nikolic

May 30, 2009, 5:26:27 PM5/30/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
HI,
where i can find "full" version (eclipse  witch installed cfeclipse plugin and working file browser plugin)...

When i try to install manualy step by step this not working correctly...

Please help me....

--
S' poštovanjem
Slađan Nikolić

David Herman

May 30, 2009, 6:30:45 PM5/30/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
when using eclipse you really should get in the habit of not using the
file browser and work with projects instead. Eclipse is essentially
project based and things just seem to work better when you get into
that mindset.

Rick Faircloth

May 30, 2009, 7:21:13 PM5/30/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
The last version or two of CFEclipse has had a non-working file browser.

I use the Remote System Explorer plug-in instead.  Works better than
the old file browser used to for me, including accessing not only the local
file system but, as it says, remote systems, as well.

Check it out here:

http://download.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/downloads/

Rick

2009/5/30 Sladjan Nikolic <stev...@gmail.com>

"Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation."  Henry Kissinger

Rick Faircloth

May 30, 2009, 7:23:55 PM5/30/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
While that's generalyl true for work that fits well into the "project" format,
I have many files, such as scheduled tasks that are just individual files
and I'd rather not have them bunched into a project.  In such a case
I prefer to access those file in a "file explorer" format.

Rick

Jim Priest

May 31, 2009, 9:10:36 PM5/31/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
I need to update the 'known issues' on the wiki regarding that...

Jim

Marc Esher

May 31, 2009, 9:59:16 PM5/31/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
I'd call it a Feature.

:-)

denstar

Jun 1, 2009, 5:01:19 AM6/1/09
On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Jim Priest wrote:

> I need to update the 'known issues' on the wiki regarding that...

It's fixed for the next release, tho we should continue to toss the
RSE idea around.

The !read and !write icon overlays are wonky on windows-- white and
black instead of green and blue, but, other than that (and a bunch of
still-needed tweaks to FTP configurations), it seems to be like it was
(mostly working, that is ;]).

Sorry about the loss of the "feature" MD. ;-)

=D

--
Many peoples' tombstones should read 'Died at 30, burried at 60.'
Nicholas M. Butler

denstar

Jun 1, 2009, 5:02:54 AM6/1/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Er, that'd be ME, not MD. *blush* =]

--
Necessity does the work of courage.
Nicholas M. Butler

Jim Priest

Jun 1, 2009, 8:48:55 AM6/1/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
Yeah - if RSE works I'd be more prone to ditch the file explorer from
CFE. It's always been buggy and I imagine moving forward it won't get
any better.

If RSE works - then we can simply point people there if they need that
functionality.

How do others feel about this?

Jim

Rick Faircloth

Jun 1, 2009, 8:57:23 AM6/1/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
I've been using RSE for about 2 or 3 months now...(seems about right).

I haven't had any problems with it...works well.  However, I've only used
it for local file access...haven't tried the FTP and other remote features.

I'm totally satisfied with it, up to this point, as a File Explorer replacement
and have no problem pointing people to it.

Rick

Mike Rankin

Jun 1, 2009, 9:05:29 AM6/1/09
to CFEclipse Users
RSE Works great. I think it makes sense to drop the file explorer and
just point people to the RSE feature from eclipse.

On Jun 1, 8:48 am, Jim Priest <pri...@thecrumb.com> wrote:
> Yeah - if RSE works I'd be more prone to ditch the file explorer from
> CFE.  It's always been buggy and I imagine moving forward it won't get
> any better.
>
> If RSE works - then we can simply point people there if they need that
> functionality.
>
> How do others feel about this?
>
> Jim

Kevin Benore

Jun 1, 2009, 10:52:37 AM6/1/09
to cfeclip...@googlegroups.com
It matters not to me. I don't use either. I just stick with the whole "project" setup. But if File Explorer is flaky and it won't get better ... give it the boot.

Regards,

Kevin Benore