Aptana keyboard shortcuts that work in HTML editor don't work in CFML editor

bkepl...@cnyrpdb.org

Sep 14, 2013, 8:43:15 PM9/14/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
I originally posted this in the CFEclipse Users' Group but on further reflection it seems more appropriate here, since it seems like a development-related problem. I'll also see if I can post something to Aptana, since I don't know if it would be an Aptana issue or a CFEclipse issue, but my gut tells me it's a problem with CFEclipse.

I browsed through the posts here and I didn't find anything quite like my issue. I had been looking for a way to select text and wrap some code around it AND be able to use a keyboard shortcut for it. After quite a lot of searching I found out about creating ruby bundles with commands that I want. Snippets were not as useful as commands because with commands I can specify a keyboard binding. I was totally jazzed when I read this and gave it a try. It worked great, at first. Then I opened a CFML file and it stopped working. When I opened that file with the HTML editor it DID worked. Similarly, when I open and HTML file with the CFML editor, it DOESN'T work.

I thought I was going nuts, so I created the bundle at home, where I also have installed Aptana Studio. The same thing happened: keyboard shortcuts that work in the HTML editor don't work in the CFML editor.

I should add that when in the HTML editor and I use (for example) the shortcut ctrl+shift+w I get a choice among several options (my custom ruble command and two others), but when in the CFML editor I don't get any choices; only one of the options works.

Another note: even when I specify the scope in my custom ruble as "text.cfm" it still doesn't work. I also checked out this:

http://thomas.deuling.org/tag/aptana-studio/ . The relevant part is at the bottom of the page: "With Aptana Studio 2 were these short cuts directly active. But now in case of Aptana Studio 3, it seems that the short cuts aren’t catched. I resolved this issue by going to ‘Window’ -> ‘Customize Perspective’. Then, under the ‘Command Groups Availability’ tab, enabled SVN. Do this steps for all perspectives, where you need the short cuts. Don’t forget to save the perspective. Then all the keyboard shortcuts worked."

I followed that advice but there was no change in behavior, including after restarting Aptana.

Both my work and home installs are Aptana Studio 3, and each installation was about 3 weeks ago, from the most recent downloads available.

I would very much appreciate any assistance anyone here can provide in this. Otherwise, I love Aptana Studio and have stopped using Dreamweaver.

Many thanks in advance.

Bruce

Jim Priest

Sep 14, 2013, 8:58:06 PM9/14/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
If you are on Windows I'd check out AutoHotkey...

You can write a script and have it work *everywhere* - Aptana, Notepad, CFEclipse... etc.

I've got some example scripts here related to ColdFusion:

Jim

bkepl...@cnyrpdb.org

Sep 14, 2013, 9:31:45 PM9/14/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll take a look. Still, it seems just... well, odd, that CFEclipse would override the Ruble bundles that work just fine in the HTML editor. Be that as it may, the tag insertion that IS there as a keyboard shortcut is pretty nice, and nothing like anything I've seen in any other program. And the ability to track notes in the tasks panel and make custom tasks make Aptana a joy to use.

Thanks,
Bruce