Code completion of arguments scope

Andrew Myers

Jan 14, 2012, 10:25:12 PM1/14/12
to CFEclipse Developers
Hi,

I have always wished that when I was writing a function I could do
something like this:

<cffunction name="sayGoodBye">
<cfargument name="toWhom"
<cfreturn "Goodbye" & arguments.

and at the "." press ctrl-space and have it suggest the arguments.

So I had a go at getting it working, and I have to a point in this
branch on my github cfeclipse fork:

https://github.com/am2605/cfeclipse/tree/20120114-function-arg-completion

However I wouldn't mind some feedback, in particular - did I do the
right think to create a new AssistContributor
(CFMLCtxFunctionParamAssist), or would have this been better placed
somewhere else?

Also I'm seeing in the eclipse console this stack track sometimes:

__cf_start_tag_end
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
-1
at java.lang.String.charAt(Unknown Source)
at
org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.contentassist.CFMLFunctionCompletionProcessor.computeCompletionProposals(CFMLFunctionCompletionProcessor.java:
598)
at
org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.contentassist.CFMLFunctionCompletionProcessor.getTagProposals(CFMLFunctionCompletionProcessor.java:
946)
at
org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.contentassist.CFEPrimaryAssist.collectProposals(CFEPrimaryAssist.java:
424)
at
org.cfeclipse.cfml.editors.contentassist.CFEPrimaryAssist.computeCompletionProposals(CFEPrimaryAssist.java:
367)

Is it anything to worry about? (and is it something I caused - I
don't think so but would like to know for sure?)

Thanks,
Andrew.

Andrew Myers

Jan 15, 2012, 12:36:56 AM1/15/12
to CFEclipse Developers
I can run this fine of I launch it from within eclipse, but when I build it as an update site (or export it) and install in a new eclipse instance I get no code completion at all (not even the stuff that worked before my changes).

Can anyone help me please?

Andrew
> --

Sent from Gmail Mobile

Andrew Myers

Jan 15, 2012, 7:00:33 PM1/15/12
to CFEclipse Developers
Worked it out. Seems when deployed it didn't like the @Override
annotation on getTagProposals for some reason I don't understand
(given that it works when launched from eclipse)...