Interested in contributing

Jesse Shaffer

May 30, 2013, 10:40:15 PM5/30/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
First off, CFEclipse is great - been using it daily in my development for the past 5 years.  I've tried some of the other editors available, but always keep coming right back.

FWIW, I started digging around some of the code, and started making what I feel are improvements on the CFC generation via the wizard. I would like to submit these improvements back into the project.  I took a quick glance around the Wiki, but I did not see anything specific about contributions - mainly what code standards there are, test requirements, etc.  I have forked the project on GitHub and will soon be committing those changes there.

Thanks!

Mark Drew

May 31, 2013, 8:46:44 AM5/31/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
At the moment I don't think we have any of those, there have been a few developers over the years but not that many at one time!
Get tucked in and submit pull requests, I am sure either Denny or myself will make sure they go into the project!

Awesome to hear someone is getting in there!

Sincerely

Mark Drew

Jesse Shaffer

Jun 1, 2013, 6:34:18 PM6/1/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
Great - will be submitting some requests soon. If I were to desire adding automatic code folding to cfscript methods, what classes would I need to look at as examples?

Thanx!

Message has been deleted

Jesse Shaffer

Aug 1, 2013, 9:21:11 PM8/1/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
Mark/Denny,

Just curious - after submitting the pull request a while back, it was accepted into the project (thank you btw :)), but as far as I can tell, it has not been pushed up to the update site.  Is there anything else I need to do for these changes to make it to the update site?

Andrew Myers

Aug 2, 2013, 2:49:12 AM8/2/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
That'd be awesome.  How does the process work?

Jesse Shaffer

Aug 3, 2013, 6:41:40 PM8/3/13
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com
I guess that's my question as well... :)

As far as getting my updates into the project, I forked the cfeclipse project on github, made my updates and submitted a pull request.  Denny then pulled it into the master branch, but as of yet I have not seen the update available from the cfeclipse update sites (neither dev or preview).