build process

Peter Boughton

Jan 29, 2014, 2:58:40 PM1/29/14
to cfecli...@googlegroups.com, am2...@gmail.com, Denny
Mainly for attention of Andrew/Denny, but obviously if anyone else knows...

What's the latest with the build process for CFEclipse?

I've got an urge to do some tinkering, try and fix a few assorted things that are bugging me, so I need to get the appropriate source code, a suitable Eclipse environment to build/test it with, and possibly a specific JDK version?

For the first that'll be cfeclipse/cfeclipse/develop right? What's the multiedit branch?

Should I be looking at the cfeclipse-releng project, or is that not relevant or still a work in progress?

Any reasons to use/avoid Keplar or Juno, or does it require an earlier version to build?

Anything else I should know?

Andrew Myers

Jan 29, 2014, 6:13:27 PM1/29/14
to Peter Boughton, cfecli...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,

Awesome to hear you're thinking of having a look at it. I got about 50%
through the CF10 dictionary a couple of weeks ago but have had other
commitments of an evening which have made me have to put it on ice for a
week or two. I do hope to get back into it though.

Regarding the build - I have been using Kepler - the download I used was
"eclipse-standard-kepler-SR1-win32-x86_64.zip"

Basically the process I would advise is fork the cfeclipse github repo
(https://github.com/cfeclipse/cfeclipse). Then check it out locally - I
generally do this from the command line because that's how I work - you
can you Eclipse (I haven't tried it so you'd be on your own there).

I'm not sure off the top of my head how the various branches (develop v
master) differ unfortunately.

Then in Eclipse I go to the File -> Import -> General -> Existing
projects into workspace. To get it building, I suggest import all except:

cfeclipsecall
cfeclipsecall.plugin
docsharesupport34
docsharesupport34.feature
docsharesupport35.feature
templates.fragment

After that, I'd open the plugin.xml file in the org.cfeclipse.cfml
project. It should open in a "wizard". Try clicking the "Launch an
Eclipse application" link (under Testing on the Overview tab).

Does it run? I may have had to do some other tweaking, but if you can
do that much and report back, I can help you from there (and we can also
use this as the basis for updating the Wiki...)

BTW - I created a #cfeclipse on Freenode a couple of weeks ago as I was
all gung-ho about getting this project active again. I've just hopped
on there now, so ping me there if you wish.

Cheers,
Andrew.

Peter Boughton

Jan 29, 2014, 7:20:15 PM1/29/14
to Andrew Myers, cfecli...@googlegroups.com
Cool, thanks.

It'll probably be next week before I have time to actually do anything.

I'm fine with git and also prefer command line. Egit is handy for history/annotations, but too much clicking for the main stuff.

Generally master is stable releases and develop is latest changes, but I thought for CFE it mapped to the different update providers - looking at it now I'm not sure what's going on.

Anyhow, if I get a chance tomorrow/friday lunchtime I'll at least get everything downloaded and see if it runs.