Re: [CFCDEV] cfx_imageinfo error on 64 bit operating system

Diego Alejandro Alvarez

Feb 23, 2010, 11:22:34 PM2/23/10
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I recently migrated a CF site from CF 8 to CF 9 and now the cfx_imageinfo tag is not working. Could someone tell me where can I find the right dll to solve this on a 64 bit platform? Here is the answer from the hosting provider:

"The problem/error we are seeing on the site is that the tag you are using
(cfx_imageinfo) does not work in a 64 bit operating system."

Do I have to modify the code or will be just a matter of updating the .dll?

Thanks,

Diego Alvarez

On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 4:50 PM, Peter Bell <pb...@systemsforge.com> wrote:

classesDirectory is a variable. One way to quickly find the value,
just before the code below put:
<cfdump var="#classesDirectory#"><cfabort>
That will get you the name of the directory that should contain a
resources subdirectory with a resources.cfc file.

Alternatively, searching the file system should come up with a short
list of directories called "resources" or files called "resources.cfc"

Also, I think if you are new to coldfusion a list like cftalk is more
likely to get you answers (http://www.houseoffusion.com/groups/cf-
talk/) - this list is mainly for more in-depth discussions relating to
OO programming in CF.

Best Wishes.
Peter

On Jun 7, 2009, at 12:40 PM, Diego Alvarez wrote:

> Hi there!!
>
> I'm new to ColdFusion. Checking code I saw these lines:
>
> <cfset resources      = CreateObject('component',
> '#classesDirectory#.resources.resources') />
> <cfset getCategories = resources.getResourceCategories()>
>
> Can somebody explain what they mean? I guess there should be
> a .resources file in the #classesDirectory#, but when I check in the
> server there is no sucha directory and thus no resources file... what
> should I do?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Diego

Nando

Feb 24, 2010, 12:17:43 AM2/24/10
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
You can use the "new" native cfimage tag instead. That's probably the easiest way to go.

John Pansewicz

Feb 23, 2010, 11:53:14 PM2/23/10
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
I found that the cf_image tag does everything that I needed the cfx_imageinfo for, and its built into coldfusion 9, so managing server updates is easier.

---
John Pansewicz
Redtopia Software & Design
www.redtopia.com
Voice: 307-734-5571
Mobile: 307-690-7397
Email: jo...@redtopia.com

From: Diego Alejandro Alvarez <dieg...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 23:22:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [CFCDEV] cfx_imageinfo error on 64 bit operating system

Diego Alejandro Alvarez

Feb 27, 2010, 1:48:02 AM2/27/10
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks guys,

Everything worked out after using the cfimage tag as suggested by Nando.

Diego Alvarez

Bridget

Jun 29, 2012, 11:17:56 AM6/29/12
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Diego, I'm glad cfimage does everything you need to replace cfx_imageinfo.

Does anyone know how I can find the DPI of an image using ColdFusion now?  That was the primary reason we had used cfx_imageinfo, but now that we're on 64 bit machines, we need an alternative.

The ImageInfo() function in CF does give us a pixel size attribute but I'm not seeing anyway to compute DPI from that.

Thanks,
Bridget
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to cfcdev+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com