Code Analysis and Test Coverage Tools

Anderson Straube

Nov 4, 2009, 11:38:06 AM11/4/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am searching Code Analysis and Test Coverage tools which can provide
some reports, such as:

- What areas of the system which has no automated tests;
- Percentage of test coverage;
- Code duplication;
- Coding standards;
- Lack of comments (=> "hint")...

So far found in RiaForge two projects with some of the things I need:

- *CodeCop (http://codecop.riaforge.org/ ); and
- ciFusion (http://cifusion.riaforge.org/ ).

*CodeCop is not compatible with the Railo 3.1, at least here did not run.

Does anyone have experience with both tools or know other(s) with the
same purpose? (That is compatible with the Railo).

Thanks,

--
[ ]'s
Anderson Straube

Steve Bryant

Nov 5, 2009, 7:40:57 AM11/5/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Anderson,

I have been letting CodeCop rot for a while now, but I am hoping to give it some love before the end of the year. This will include several bug fixes as well as (hopefully) Railo and OpenBD compatibility.

In the meantime, feel free to add suggestions to the bug tracker.

Thanks!

Steve

At 10:38 AM 11/4/2009, Anderson Straube wrote:

Hi,

I am searching Code Analysis and Test Coverage tools which can provide
some reports, such as:

- What areas of the system which has no automated tests;
- Percentage of test coverage;
- Code duplication;
- Coding standards;
- Lack of comments (=> "hint")...

So far found in RiaForge two projects with some of the things I need:

Anderson Straube

Nov 6, 2009, 2:42:04 PM11/6/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Steve,

Thanks for the reply.

Will cooperate with whatever it takes, mainly to be compatible with the
Railo. :-)

Regards,
Anderson

Kevin Huth

Nov 18, 2009, 2:53:39 PM11/18/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com

Hello all...

I’m having some issues with CFDocument timing out on my production server and not on my test server.

I’ve tracked the issue down to an image issue. If I comment out the images, it works fine (but the client wants the images). But the same set of images works perfect on the test server. So it makes me think it is a system issue, not an image issue.

When I review the Settings Summary in CFAdmin for the test/live servers, the only difference is as follows:

Test: Adobe Driver Version    3.6 (Build 0017)

Live: Adobe Driver Version    3.6 (Build 0027)

So the live server seems to be on a higher build than the test (but seems to not work as well).

Does anyone know how this driver gets upgraded (or downgraded for that matter)?

Thanks!

Kevin

http://www.InsuranceForNonprofits.org

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: This message, together with any attachments is intended
only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. It may contain
information that is confidential and prohibited from disclosure. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination or copying
of this message or any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
item in error, please notify the original sender and destroy this item, along with
any attachments. Thank you.

Barry Beattie

Dec 1, 2009, 8:14:50 PM12/1/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin.

this has only just arrived in my inbox (dunno why). is this still an issue?

firstly, are you sure it's a "driver" issue?

where are these images? as links on a webserver/fileserver? is there a
chance cfdocument has easy access to the images in the test
environment but production is spinning it's wheels 'cos it can't get
to the same images? ('cos they're sitting on the file system
internally where PROD can't reach 'em?)

also, when it comes to versions of software, updates, etc, sometimes
newer versions break stuff 'cos it tightend up some sloppy practices
that the earlier version tolerated. Just saying, is all...

BTW, this isn't really a CFC issue, a better forum might be CFTalk,
CFAussie, et al...

my 2c
barry.b
> --

> cfcdev+un...@googlegroups.com.
>

> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/cfcdev?hl=en.

Kevin Huth

Dec 1, 2009, 9:06:38 PM12/1/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
It just arrived in mine as well...

This issue was actually a load balancer issue. When CF document did it's http call to get the image, it was having a hard time finding its way out and back in through the load balancer.

The fix was adding the IP addresses to the host file so that it could find its way back...

Thanks for the response though!!