CFInNC schedule?

1 view

Nolan Erck

Oct 10, 2009, 3:31:22 PM10/10/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone happen to have a schedule for the CFinNC conference? I wanted to see what the start/end times were each day (so I can book my flights accordingly).  Using the "contact" page on their website hasn't gotten any response.

thanks,
nolan

Sean Corfield

Oct 10, 2009, 5:15:38 PM10/10/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Nolan Erck <nolan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone happen to have a schedule for the CFinNC conference?

Adobe kicks off each day with a general session at 9am. Saturday runs
sessions until 5pm with a networking event in the evening (presumably
at the Sheraton). Saturday has three tracks: ColdFusion, Flex/RIA,
General (a mix of CF, process, JS topics). Sunday runs sessions until
around 4pm. Sunday also has three tracks: (Basic) ColdFusion, Advanced
ColdFusion and (More) Advanced ColdFusion. The schedule should be
posted on the website "soon".
--
Sean A Corfield -- (904) 302-SEAN
Railo Technologies US -- http://getrailo.com/

-- Margaret Atwood

Sean Corfield

Oct 10, 2009, 5:53:16 PM10/10/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 2:15 PM, Sean Corfield <seanco...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 12:31 PM, Nolan Erck <nolan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone happen to have a schedule for the CFinNC conference?
>
> Adobe kicks off each day with a general session at 9am.

Registration looks like it starts at 8am BTW.

Nolan Erck

Oct 13, 2009, 5:01:09 PM10/13/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sean.

Looks like their website STILL doesn't have any schedule info on it, and my email never got responded to either. :(

-n

Dan Wilson

Oct 13, 2009, 5:09:21 PM10/13/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nolan,

Might I ask exactly which email you are using to contact CFinNC?  Forgive me for not responding to your email from a few days ago on the CFCDev list, but I'm not a regular follower of CFCDev anymore. I was forwarded this list through someone who is and I want to do what I can to address your questions.

Firstly the schedule.

Our schedule is going through a last round of revisions at present and we will have that out as soon as we finish. It would have been nice to have the up-to-the-second schedule posted online for everyone to see, but it wasn't possible. In leiu of that, we've put up the entire list of speakers, along with their session summaries on our website, which you can see here: http://www.cfinnc.com/page.cfm/presenters

We've also highlighted a number of speakers on the blog, which you can see here:

So you should have a good feel for the types of presentations and content at the content.

As far as not responding to your email, on behalf of the CFinNC team, I appologize and take personal responsiblity for whichever piece of communication we've not responded to. I don't offer any excuses for this, we'll get better next time I promise.

Might I ask about the email in question and where you sent it? We really take our communications seriously.

Dan Wilson
-CFinNC Leadership-

--
“Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.”

Guillaume Apollinaire quotes

Dan Wilson

Oct 13, 2009, 5:56:59 PM10/13/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
By the way, as Sean pointed out, and which might be of use to anyone arranging flights:

Saturday Oct 17
Registration: 8-9 AM
Sessions: 9-5PM
Networking Event: 7:30-???

Sunday Oct 18th
Registration: 8-9 AM
Sessions: 9-4PM

5-?? Post Conference Party for anyone left in town

DW

Nolan Erck

Oct 13, 2009, 6:06:10 PM10/13/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dan,

Thanks for writing.  I tried contacting CFinNC via the "Contact Us" page on the website:

http://www.cfinnc.com/page.cfm/contact-us

I completely understand that schedules are subject to change, and when dealing with all the moving pieces at a conference, it's probably impossible to ever get a 100% accurate schedule on a website.  But as Sean noted, knowing the start/end times each day, when Registration is, etc, is extremely helpful for those of us trying to fly in from far away (I'm in California, and trying to minimize how long I'm away from my projects).

Also, a rough guess on timeslots for the presentations would be appreciated.  Again, I understand those may change at the last minute, but if I can get a guess about things like "okay, that OO talk I want to see is *probably* happening Saturday at 3pm", that can help with scheduling as well.

Thanks again for the reply; if you need any other information from me, just say the word.

Best,
Nolan

Sean Corfield

Oct 14, 2009, 4:08:22 AM10/14/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com

Seth Johnson

Oct 13, 2009, 5:55:09 PM10/13/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dan,

I can't speak to Nolan's issue, but I know others have submitted the contact form on the conference website and received no response.

Seth

Dan Wilson

Oct 16, 2009, 11:14:02 PM10/16/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Seth,

Additionally, I answered every email in the undeliverable personally with an answer to their original query as well as an apology for the technical glitch.

DW

Seth Johnson

Oct 16, 2009, 11:35:48 PM10/16/09
to cfc...@googlegroups.com
Thank you!  See you in the morning :)

-- Sent from a device with a ridiculously small screen