[cfb-ext-dev] Get proxy data from builder?

Dave Ferguson

May 13, 2010, 6:06:04 PM5/13/10
to cfb-exten...@googlegroups.com
Anyone know if it is possible to get any proxy information that was
entered into CF Builder preferences into an extension?

Thanks,

====================
= Dave Ferguson
====================
= http://blog.dkferguson.com
= http://www.cfhour.com
= Adobe Community Professional
====================

Dan Vega

May 13, 2010, 6:45:17 PM5/13/10
to cfb-extensions-dev
Great question Dave!

I actually ran into this same problem with my Pastebin extension. It
works fine at home but it doesn't work at the office. This is because
I am using the cfhttp tag to make the call. I would love to hear what
others think about the issue. I don't think there is a real clear cut
solution. This maybe an opportunity to get some ideas out there to the
engineers for v2 as well.

On May 13, 6:06 pm, Dave Ferguson <dav...@dkferguson.com> wrote:
> Anyone know if it is possible to get any proxy information that was
> entered into CF Builder  preferences into an extension?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ====================
> = Dave Ferguson
> ====================
> =http://blog.dkferguson.com
> =http://www.cfhour.com

Raymond Camden

May 13, 2010, 9:58:02 PM5/13/10
to cfb-exten...@googlegroups.com
While not a great answer, don't forget you can write your extension to
do prompts during installlation. You could ask for it then - and it
wouldn't need to be asked again when the user runs "normal" calls to
your extension.
Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster

Keep up to date with the community: http://www.coldfusionbloggers.org

Dan Vega

May 14, 2010, 9:09:49 AM5/14/10
to cfb-extensions-dev
That was my initial thought as well but what happens if you need to do
this down the road or proxy information changes. There would be no way
to update your settings. I almost think in this instance we need a way
to grab the proxy information from Eclipse.

On May 13, 9:58 pm, Raymond Camden <rcam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While not a great answer, don't forget you can write your extension to
> do prompts during installlation. You could ask for it then - and it
> wouldn't need to be asked again when the user runs "normal" calls to
> your extension.
>
> On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:06 PM, Dave Ferguson <dav...@dkferguson.com> wrote:
> > Anyone know if it is possible to get any proxy information that was
> > entered into CF Builder  preferences into an extension?
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > ====================
> > = Dave Ferguson
> > ====================
> > =http://blog.dkferguson.com
> > =http://www.cfhour.com

Dave Ferguson

May 14, 2010, 10:18:21 AM5/14/10
to cfb-exten...@googlegroups.com
My thought is that if extensions are supposed to be an extension of
the interface. So, shouldn't they have access to any info/data that is
in the interface?

====================
= Dave Ferguson
====================
= http://blog.dkferguson.com
= http://www.cfhour.com

Justin Carter

May 14, 2010, 3:21:12 PM5/14/10
to cfb-extensions-dev
That's right, if the config information is already there somewhere
then we shouldn't have to ask the user to input it again. For now
though it seems like your only option might be to have a little
settings menu for your extension.

cheers,
Justin