Weird behavior

Dan Vega

Sep 28, 2010, 12:35:53 PM9/28/10
to cfb-extensions-dev
This is just weird! I am creating an extension that reads from a
skeleton folder and copies that skeleton to the new project folder.
Let's say I have skeleton A & B.

Skeleton A
- Application.cfc (tag based)
Skeleton B
-Application.cfc (script based)

The first time I run my extension and copy a over everything works
fine and Application.cfc tag based open up

<response status="success" showresponse="true">
<ide>
<commands>
<command type="refreshfolder" />
<command type="refreshproject">
<params>
<param key="projectname" value="#data.projectname#" />
</params>
</command>

<command type="openfile">
<params>
<param key="filename" value="#data.projectlocation#/
Application.cfc" />
</params>
</command>
</commands>
</ide>
</response>

Now lets say decided that I wanted a tag based app and ran it again
this time choosing skeleton b. It copies all of the correct skeleton
files over but when the Application.cfc file is opened, its the tag
based.

What is even stranger is that if you go into the actual file system
and view the Application.cfc its the correct script based one. The
only way to get builder to pick it up is to restart.

Does any of this make sense / has anyone else seen it?

Dan Vega

Sep 28, 2010, 1:08:15 PM9/28/10
to cfb-extensions-dev
I just ran another test... the same happens if I completely delete the
project from builder and from disk. The only away to get around this
is to restart builder.

Raymond Camden

Sep 28, 2010, 2:13:31 PM9/28/10
to cfb-exten...@googlegroups.com
Smells like a bug - just report it?

Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master

Email    : r...@camdenfamily.com
Blog      : www.coldfusionjedi.com
AOL IM : cfjedimaster

Keep up to date with the community: http://www.coldfusionbloggers.org

Terrence Ryan

Sep 28, 2010, 2:14:31 PM9/28/10
to cfb-exten...@googlegroups.com

What happens if you manually refresh.

Dan Vega

Sep 29, 2010, 9:05:38 AM9/29/10
to cfb-exten...@googlegroups.com
Same thing... Thought maybe it might of had something to do with the application names being the same but I changed them and they are unique now so thats not it. I could always post my extension and see if someone has the same issue, but ill see if I can come up with a simple example.