THERE'S A FIRST!! A Sales call from Adobe!!!

Mike K

Jan 15, 2016, 1:22:53 AM1/15/16
to CF-TALK, cfaussie
Wonders will never cease!!   After more than 20 years working in and around ColdFusion,   I have NEVER heard from any sales people .      Not since 1997 anyway.    And even after leaving message after message at Adobe in Australia at various times who just weren't interested in discussing opportunities with me, obviously because they never once took my call or called me back.   Or even finding out what I was calling about.

Until today.

Today i had a call from someone from Adobe following up on my downloading CF11 trial and seeing what possibilities there might be.

I was so flabbergasted I nearly dropped the phone.

He said he was put into this role because they were worried about the enormous loss of developers and site owners to other technologies and were wanting to find ways to turn that around.        I'm afraid I was a bit brutal on him, and told him in very blunt terms what I thought they could do.    He took it with good humour and I thought he listened and took in what I said.

Well I hope so anyway.

Amazing.

--
Cheers
Mike Kear

AJ Mercer

Jan 15, 2016, 1:25:27 AM1/15/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
who was it?

Mike K

Jan 15, 2016, 1:49:12 AM1/15/16
to cfaussie

His email says:

Abhimanyu Bakshi
Account Manager- Inside Sales

Coldfusion

Adobe Systems Incorporated

He's in India but his call sounded like it was coming from next door.   Not at all like the other calls I get from India at this time of day.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 5:25 PM, AJ Mercer <ajme...@gmail.com> wrote:
who was it?

M@ Bourke

Jan 15, 2016, 2:32:17 AM1/15/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com

Languages shouldn't need sales people
They simply need to evolve faster than the others and have developers writing libraries etc
CF unfortunately has failed at this long ago....
I hope you weren't too harsh on him :)