Looking for ColdFusion 10 Installer

Lucas

Feb 3, 2016, 7:10:52 PM2/3/16
to cfaussie
Folks,
We have a client that has boned their production server so a reinstall is needed however Adobe seem to have hidden the CF10 installer.
Would anyone have a CF10 installer (windows 64 bit) from post March 2013 (we need Windows 2012 R2 Support) that they could point me to?

cheers,
Lucas.

Charlie Arehart

Feb 3, 2016, 7:19:48 PM2/3/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com

They are offered at bit.ly/cfdownloads. That’s a repo of CF installer (and related files) setup initially by CF community member Gavin Pickin, and supported by myself and several others who also contribute to the project.

Bottom line, no, you can’t get the files from Adobe any more. And yes, you should feel safe getting them there (he doesn’t let “just anyone” post files to the server).

/charlie

Charlie Arehart

Feb 3, 2016, 7:24:24 PM2/3/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com

One other thing: what’s “boned” about the server, leaving them feeling they have to reinstall?  It’s a sincere question.

Is it perhaps just that they ran the updater, and it seems CF “can’t start” and/or they “can’t access the Admin”? That would leave most feeling like they have no choice but to reinstall, but it’s not necessary. You can run the update installer manually, as discussed in many available resources, from Adobe and others.

Or did they perhaps try to update the JVM, and now that’s got them “dead in the water”? That too can be overcome (even though you “can’t access the Admin”. I have a blog post that could help:

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/12/11/help_I_updated_CFs_JVM_and_it_wont_start/

And of course folks like myself can also guide folks to resolving such problems, often in as little as 15 mins (though it may seem it must take longer, given how desperate people feel when it happens to them). Not free, no, but often far better than reinstalling CF.

Hope that info is helpful, to them or others reading this.

/charlie

They are offered at bit.ly/cfdownloads. That’s a repo of CF installer (and related files) setup initially by CF community member Gavin Pickin, and supported by myself and several others who also contribute to the project.

Bottom line, no, you can’t get the files from Adobe any more. And yes, you should feel safe getting them there (he doesn’t let “just anyone” post files to the server).

/charlie

Feb 3, 2016, 7:37:41 PM2/3/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie,
thanks, I thought there would be something like this out there. Unfortunately the CF10 installer that is there is the original, 10.0.0 installer not the updated one with Server 2012 R2 support (Install anywhere is broken for R2 and needed an updated).

In answer to the 'why is it boned' one word: cryptolocker.

So, hunt is still on for a Server 2012 R2 version of the CF10 installer.
cheers,
Lucas.

Charlie Arehart

Feb 3, 2016, 9:36:51 PM2/3/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com

That is a bummer (that they don’t have on the cf repo that updated installer). It was released in March 2014, so should have been posted there.

Fortunately I think I do have it (at least Windows 64-bit installer, which is what you need. While the filename did not change, if one looks at the properties, the “file version” changed from 12.0.0 to 14.0.0 and the copyright date of the installer shown changed from 2009-2011 to 2012.

Here’s a dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/705wwq0bac155dm/ColdFusion_10_WWEJ_win64.exe?dl=0

If you confirm that’s the one, I would get it posted on the cf repo.

/charlie

Lucas

Feb 3, 2016, 11:10:14 PM2/3/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Charlie,
yep, that is the ticket! it installs ColdFusion 10,283922 and will run on server 2012 R2!

thanks again!
Lucas.

Charlie Arehart

Feb 3, 2016, 11:32:07 PM2/3/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com

Great to hear, and glad to help. I’ll see about getting it posted on the CF Repo (bit.ly/cfdownloads).

Once it’s there, I’ll delete it from dropnbox (in case anyone tries to access it later there and it’s gone).

/charlie

Jun 7, 2018, 6:40:56 PM6/7/18
to cfaussie
I found a site with the files for anyone else in this position:

ebr...@whgroup.us

Jun 7, 2018, 6:41:05 PM6/7/18
to cfaussie
Do you by chance know where these files can still be found? none of the links in this thread appear to be active anymore.

Allan Cliff

Jun 8, 2018, 5:25:45 AM6/8/18
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Here you go.
I installed this yesterday for a client, don't forget hotfix 23.

Will remove in a day or two

Erin Brewer

Jun 8, 2018, 10:12:55 AM6/8/18
to cfau...@googlegroups.com

Thank you!

What is critical about hotfix 23?

-Erin

Allan Cliff

Jun 8, 2018, 10:25:47 AM6/8/18
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
i found unpatched CF10 the scheduled tasks don't work. you can't add them in cfadmin.

charlie arehart

Jun 8, 2018, 3:44:57 PM6/8/18
to cfau...@googlegroups.com

I saw your next email, saying that you’d found the CF installers at cfmlrepo.com. To be clear, that is indeed what my bit.ly/cfdownloads below points to. I’d created the latter before Gavin came up with that nice, short domain name of his own. (It used to be a long one, a page in a folder on a site, that was hard to remember.)

BTW, folks may be interested to know he calls it “cfml repo” rather than “cf repo” because he and we who have contributed have installers there not only for CF (and way back to 1.5!) but also Lucee and Railo, and more.

/charlie