Need CSS3 help please. (Sorry off topic)

Mike K

Jan 6, 2016, 8:12:03 PM1/6/16
to cfaussie
Sorry this is off topic.    I hope you'll all forgive me.

I need some help figuring out what i've got wrong with my CSS.     Can anyone see what i've got wrong (or more specifically what I need to do to fix) with the page at http://modelwarship.com

The problem is when you hover over the menu items at the top of the page (the ones with a red border temporarily around them).    Instead of the whole area changing colour,  only the top half of it changes.     I can't see where i've set the wrong line  height or whatever it is that's causing the problem.

can anyone tell me what CSS setting is causing that problem?

Thanks in advance ...

--
Cheers
Mike Kear

Gareth Edwards

Jan 6, 2016, 8:23:31 PM1/6/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mike,

It seems to be because you’re using the line height with a mixture of inline-block instead of padding to adjust the vertical spacing?

Something like the below might be a little better?

@media (min-width: 71.875rem)
ul.navmenu li a {
/* line-height: 7.1875rem; */
padding: 3.1rem 1.5625rem;
}

Cheers
Gareth.

Gareth Edwards

Jan 6, 2016, 8:31:36 PM1/6/16
to cfau...@googlegroups.com
Or just add the following to the same class, haven’t tested this cross browser though.

    display: table-cell;

Cheers
Gareth.

Mike K

Jan 6, 2016, 8:34:07 PM1/6/16
to cfaussie
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month

Mike K

Jan 6, 2016, 8:44:23 PM1/6/16
to cfaussie
Yep  that's the place.   Thanks Gareth.   I just need to tinker a bit with the values to get the size right.       I am most grateful.  I've been hunting about looking for the source of this issue for ages.

Cheers,
Mike Kear