Random Distribution of vent fraction

karim omar

Feb 23, 2023, 5:27:33 AM2/23/23
to CFAST
Hi,

I am trying to vary open/close time and fraction of vents to try to test some scenarios with door opening and closing time.
The user guide specifies F_nnn and T_nnn for that. I will give an example
T= 0, 30 ,60
F= 0, 1, 0
Is the nnn related to each of these values? so when I try to specify that at 60 seconds, I want the door to be open or closed, how can I specify that?

Regards
Karim Omar

Reneke, Paul A. (Fed)

Feb 23, 2023, 8:35:02 AM2/23/23
to cf...@googlegroups.com

You should not need anything else in the R installation. Make sure you install it in the default location.

I am not sure of your issue on vents. The example you gave would start with the vent closed but immediately open it slowly over 30 seconds to fully open  at 30 s and then immediately start closing it over 30 seconds to fully closed at 60 s. Was that the intent? Normally we open/close vents over a 1 s interval. The shorter the interval the more rapid changes are and the slower CFAST will run through that interval. So a vent we want to open at 60 s would be F= 0, 0, 1, T = 0, 60, 61. Shorter or longer time opening/closing periods can be used.

I believe F_nnn just refers to the different time opening pairs, i.e., in you example F_1 = 0, F_2 = 1, F_3 =0. If that doesn’t seem correct give me a page number and manual you are looking at so I can check.

Paul