Issues in wall conduction

stevelikai

Apr 30, 2022, 7:16:17 AM4/30/22
to CFAST
Hi, We have a case with 3 compartments while the one on the left has a 6 MW fire. I would like to know how the fire affects the third compartment temp. However, instead of increasing the temperature is dropping, which is weird. I wonder how the heat transfer equations in the wall work.
The wall is steel and every compartment has a vent. Deeply appreciate if anybody can help me with this. Thanks!微信图片_20220430190734.png微信图片_20220430190742.png微信图片_20220430190749.png
case1.in

Reneke, Paul A. (Fed)

May 2, 2022, 3:55:31 PM5/2/22
to cf...@googlegroups.com

We have gotten the issue and confirmed it. We may have news soon but keep in mind the best laid plans and all.

Paul

Hi, We have a case with 3 compartments while the one on the left has a 6 MW fire. I would like to know how the fire affects the third compartment temp. However, instead of increasing the temperature is dropping, which is weird. I wonder how the heat transfer equations in the wall work.

The wall is steel and every compartment has a vent. Deeply appreciate if anybody can help me with this. Thanks

Richard Peacock

May 3, 2022, 12:08:34 PM5/3/22
to CFAST

stevelikai

Jun 4, 2022, 3:38:15 AM6/4/22
to CFAST
Dear Paul,

Will you have an estimation on the time of resolving this issue?
We try no to hustle but the current project lasts until Sep so we may need to think about either waiting for the new version or using an alternative solution for our project.

Many thanks,

Kai

Richard Peacock 在 2022年5月4日 星期三上午12:08:34 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道:

Reneke, Paul A. (Fed)

Jun 6, 2022, 3:25:55 PM6/6/22
to cf...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the delay. The problem I found that I thought was easy to fix was but there is a bigger issue that we don’t know how to fix. Basically, there is a serious issue when a room is being heated by a room that is being heated by thermal conduction via walls. Exactly your issue. We haven’t given up yet but I can’t say I have any clear plan to solve this problem. I will get back to you by the end of the week with a better answer.

stevelikai

Jun 8, 2022, 9:26:06 PM6/8/22
to CFAST
Many thanks Paul. We hope you may resolve the problem smoothly. We feel sorry that we can not help in this matter. Looking forward to your outcome.

paul.reneke 在 2022年6月7日 星期二上午3:25:55 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: