Error with 'FIELD' in CData

Haodong Sun

May 10, 2022, 9:52:42 PM5/10/22
to CFAST
HELLO everyone:
I have some problems in CData. I want to explore the possibility of fire spread by set up targets and fire 'SETPOINT' , but there are errors in when I use CData:

1. In 'test1.in', the CData could output the CFAST file, but there are errors in CFAST:
Fatal: Fire 2. Ignition by temperature or flux. No ignition target is specified.
Fatal: In FIRE namelist DEVICE Is Not a valid parameter

2. In 'test2.in', the fire 'SETPOINT' was varied from 220 to 500 (line 59,line 60), but there are errors:
***Error exit from CData, error 7 from routine find_field

3 In 'test3.in', the target'X_LOCATION' was varied from 1 to 2 (line 115, line 116), but there are errors:
***Error exit from CData, error 99 from routine find_field
I checked the source, I found in 'input_pp_namelist.f90', line 1774, which define 'X_POSITION' in targets input, I tried to modify 'X_LOCATION' to 'X_POSITION' in my 'test3.in' file, but it still showed errors.

THANKS!
BEST WISHES!

test3.in
test1.in
test2.in

Reneke, Paul A. (Fed)

May 11, 2022, 9:12:14 AM5/11/22
to cf...@googlegroups.com

Your errors have been received and verified. We are working on them and will let you know when I fix has been made. Thanks for using CData and for reporting the errors.

Thanks again

Paul

Haodong Sun

May 12, 2022, 4:18:35 AM5/12/22
to CFAST

Thanks for your reply! I'm happy that I could find errors to make CFAST better.
I'm looking forward to your reply.

Thanks again

Haodong

Reneke, Paul A. (Fed)

May 17, 2022, 2:30:24 PM5/17/22
to cf...@googlegroups.com

The bugs you reported have been fixed and the link will allow to download the current version.

https://pages.nist.gov/cfast/

I hope this fixes everything and you continue to make use of the program.

Haodong Sun

May 19, 2022, 11:56:34 PM5/19/22
to CFAST
thanks for your reply!
I downloaded the newest version(7.7.3) and try my test, I think there are some problems in the CFAST file which generated by CData
The CFAST files could be generated successfully, but there are some problems in the CFAST file.
For example, if I run 'test2.in', there are no change in the CFAST file about 'setpoint' of 'Fire2' and the HRR of the fire.
The HRR of Fire could be changed in 'Flashover.in' of the Cdata guide too.

Thanks again! Looking forward to your reply.
test2.in
Flashover.in