Vent Open/Close Criterion Table input error

Joel Lederfind

Sep 27, 2021, 9:54:57 AM9/27/21
to CFAST
Hello,

I have encountered a potential issue with time-based vent openings.  This issue appears in both CFAST 7.7.1 and 7.6.0 (which I was running comparisons against) and occurs with a single or multiple compartment-to-compartment vents.

It seems that if only one Open/Close Criterion Table entry is entered in using the CEdit GUI, the program doesn’t factor the input into the calculation and doesn’t save the input to the .in file.
I can get the input to be reflected in the model and saved in the .in file by duplicating the desired value into the Open/Close Criterion Table (i.e. two identical rows for time and opening fraction).
Also, if I manually open the .in file in a text editor and enter in just one table entry, the model will run correctly and save the input in the .in file.
I could not find text in the user’s manual or technical reference to indicate duplicate entries are required.

Any help is appreciated,
Joel Lederfind

Richard Peacock

Oct 1, 2021, 7:09:53 PM10/1/21
to CFAST
It should work in CEdit though we’ve had problems in the past. We’ll take a look.