Install CFAST 6.2 on Linux system

Qianru Guo

Aug 19, 2013, 3:06:23 PM8/19/13
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I am wondering if it is available of subversion of the CFAST 6.2. or how to make a subversion. I followed steps in http://www.koverholt.com/2011/07/how-to-compile-cfast-on-mac-os-x-and-linux/ to install the CFAST on Linux system, but it was CFAST 6.1.1. Some jobs works well on my PC with 6.2 version, but could not finish on Linux version with 6.1.1, so I want to install the 6.2 version if it is possible.

Thanks.
Qianru

Glenn Forney

Aug 19, 2013, 4:37:38 PM8/19/13
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Install the cfast svn repository using instructions found at http://code.google.com/p/cfast/wiki/AccessingSubversionRepository .  After the repository is installed, cd to cfast/CFAST .  Then cd into the directory you wish to build and execute the script you find there.  This will build a cfast using the latest source.  The howto steps referred to above are obsolete.

Glenn Forney

Qianru Guo

Aug 19, 2013, 9:14:24 PM8/19/13
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much, Glenn. I will try it.

fbraen...@googlemail.com

Jun 16, 2015, 5:39:27 AM6/16/15
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I just cloned the latest version using svn and git.
Unfortunately I get an error on a linux system with gfortran 4.8.1 / 4.8.2 and 4.9.1:

fbraenns@FDSelephant: /data/Software/Cfast/cfast/CFAST/gnu_linux $ bash make_cfast.sh
Building gnu_linux
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/initialization.f90
../Source/initialization.f90:17.25:

    character missingtpp*mxthrmplen
                         1
Error: Syntax error in character length specification at (1)
../Source/initialization.f90:1353.18:

    character off*mxthrmplen, none*mxthrmplen, tcname*mxthrmplen
                  1
Error: Syntax error in character length specification at (1)
../Source/initialization.f90:25.14:

    missingtpp = name
              1
Error: Symbol 'missingtpp' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
../Source/initialization.f90:1358.26:

    data off /'OFF'/, none /'NONE'/
                          1
Error: Symbol 'none' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
../Source/initialization.f90:1358.12:

    data off /'OFF'/, none /'NONE'/
            1
Error: Symbol 'off' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
../Source/initialization.f90:1466.14:

        tcname = cxtarg(itarg)
              1
Error: Symbol 'tcname' at (1) has no IMPLICIT type
make: *** [initialization.o] Error 1

Do you have an idea, what I am doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!
Fabian

Richard Peacock

Jun 16, 2015, 11:05:37 AM6/16/15
to cf...@googlegroups.com, fbraen...@googlemail.com
mxthrmplen is defined as a parameter in cfast_parameters.f90. This was a recent change to the code. If you are getting an error that it's undefined, it's usually caused by an out of date module file.  Look for cfast_parameters.mod, delete it, and recompile it. If you are using the script files from the repository to compile things, usually deleting all obj and mod files in the appropriate folder before doing a clean compile will make sure everything is up to date.

Rick Peacock

Fabian Braennstroem

Jun 16, 2015, 12:22:20 PM6/16/15
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick help!
I am getting a bit closer now:

fbraenns@FDSelephant: /data/Software/Cfast/cfast/CFAST/gnu_linux $ bash make_cfast.sh
Building gnu_linux
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/prec.f90
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/srev.f90
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/cfast_parameters.f90
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/cfast_structures.f90
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/cfast_data.f90
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/cfast_interfaces.f90
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/auxiliary.f90
gfortran -c -O2 ../Source/keyboard_gnu.f90

Thanks!
Fabian

Regards!
Fabian

Glenn Forney

Jun 16, 2015, 12:49:53 PM6/16/15
to cf...@googlegroups.com
update your repository and try again.  gfortran did not like the way we declared a few variables.
Glenn Forney

Fabian Braennstroem

Jun 16, 2015, 2:27:45 PM6/16/15
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Ok, great! I will try do this on friday.
Thanks!
Fabian

Fabian Braennstroem

Jun 19, 2015, 6:38:20 AM6/19/15
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! It works now...
--
Regards!
Fabian

jgarcia177

Oct 18, 2022, 4:03:17 PM10/18/22
to CFAST
Hi, I need help to compile CFAST 7.7.3 on Ubuntu Linux 20.04 with GNU Fortran (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1) 9.4.0

I will be very grateful of any advice of how to do it.

Thanks for your help.

Jorge GARCIA

Kevin McGrattan

Oct 18, 2022, 5:09:12 PM10/18/22
to cf...@googlegroups.com
Have you cloned the cfast git repository and checked out the appropriate version? If so, cd to Build/CFAST/gnu_linux_64. There you will find a little script called make_cfast.sh. Run it and see if the code compiles.

jgarcia177

Oct 22, 2022, 6:31:13 PM10/22/22
to CFAST
Dear Sir.

I have clone the repository and then run the script as you advised me.
In the directory of Build/CFAST/gnu_linux_64_db it was created many files and one executable, cfast7_linux_64_db.
I understood that file is for run Cfast. So I run it and get:

CFAST

Test CFAST 7.7.3
Revision         : CFAST7.7.3-89-g59fd3b8df
Revision Date    : Thu Oct 20 11:42:56 2022 -0400
Compilation Date : oct 22, 2022  19:15:21

Then I search another directory, cfast/Verification/Fires and run with Ignition_ ./cfast7_linux_64_db Test.in
and get many .csv,.smv and out files.

I got Smokeview from a FDS instalation so no problem when run with the .smv file.

But, ¿It is possible to get the graphical interface for CFAST  that we can run under Windows?

Tanks a lot for your help.

Yours sincerely.

Jorge GARCIA

Richard Peacock

Oct 23, 2022, 9:57:55 AM10/23/22
to CFAST
A full version of CFAST for Windows that includes a GUI front end, CEdit, is available for download at https://pages.nist.gov/cfast/

Boris Ch

Nov 2, 2022, 2:38:39 AM11/2/22
to cf...@googlegroups.com
I use plugin for inkscape for create geometry

If you have questions about cfast-inkex then write me