Seeking CfA/Gov2.0 evangelists for non-profit/all-volunteer conference on FLOSS CFML in Dallas in Feburary

Jason Blum

Dec 13, 2011, 7:40:36 AM12/13/11
to Code for America Labs
Hey folks,

Please forgive me for spamming the CfA labs list like this, but I
wondered whether anyone might know of potential speakers on CfA and
more broadly, the whole Gov 2.0 movement for a non-profit, all
volunteer conference some friends and I are putting together in
February in Garland, Texas?

We're trying to save our beloved language ColdFusion - don't laugh. A
lot of us still use it and we're trying to bring about a renaissance
in the community, specifically around Open Source CFML engines and
other FLOSS solutions. A big part of this is getting people excited
about the whole Gov 2.0/Hacktivist/Open Data movement.

Last year I managed to get the fantastic Ean Schuessler from
brainfood.com to come out and just give CFML developers the lay of the
land, from O'Reilly's evangelism to the amazing work you all are doing
with CfA, etc. We're trying to energize our community by cross-
pollinating with voices and perspectives from other technologies and
industries, so don't come thinking you need to dig out your old
ColdFusion manual :)

If you or anyone you know might be interested, please drop me a line.
Thank you for your time and again, apologies for taking advantage of
your list like this.

-Jason Blum
@phenotypical