Is OrmSettings.usedbformapping the same as hibernate.temp.use_jdbc_metadata_defaults ?

Peter Boughton

Mar 13, 2015, 3:56:14 PM3/13/15
to cf-or...@googlegroups.com
The CF docs say for usedbformapping say:

> Specifies whether the database has to be inspected to identify the
> missing information required to generate the Hibernate mapping. The
> database is inspected to get the column data type, primary key and
> foreign key information.
(from https://wikidocs.adobe.com/wiki/display/coldfusionen/ORM+settings )

Which is similar to what people say about hibernate.temp.use_jdbc_metadata_defaults
but I can't find any mention it in the official docs:

https://docs.jboss.org/hibernate/orm/4.1/manual/en-US/html/ch03.html

So does anyone know if use_jdbc_metadata_defaults is an old/undocumented setting or what?

Is there a way to see the equivalent hibernate.cfg.xml is for CF's ormsettings create, to determine whether usedbformapping does the same thing?